The Grand Project

Other topics
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: The Grand Project

Post by peterc »

Roger,
Why is part of the door in your last photo burnt.
Not a result of your Evans experiment?
Peter C
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

You had me really confused here as there are no garage doors in the shot: I then realised you meant the old garden gate on the ground, which I have been using as a stand for spray-painting and is due to go to the tip...
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

Roger King wrote:Internal staircase at the far gable end up to engineering and parts storage above.
Treated myself to a new 150litre SIP compressor and a plumbed-in Transair delivery system, and a Benchmaster steel Super-HD automotive bench..
Engineering? Transair delivery system? Super-HD automotive bench? Shouldn't you have done this before building the Cobra Roger or are you setting up an MOT centre :shock: :wink: ?

Post by Roger King »

Dave Woodward wrote:
Roger King wrote:Internal staircase at the far gable end up to engineering and parts storage above.
Treated myself to a new 150litre SIP compressor and a plumbed-in Transair delivery system, and a Benchmaster steel Super-HD automotive bench..
Engineering? Transair delivery system? Super-HD automotive bench? Shouldn't you have done this before building the Cobra Roger or are you setting up an MOT centre :shock: :wink: ?
Yes, I should be fully equipped and ready to go just as I run out of projects.

However, this week I am doing Stage 2 of Contour Academy's bodywork restoration course. Part 1 was back in May, and a bit of an eye-opener for the most part, so I'm really looking forward to this week. I'm happy with TIG now as well as MIG, but even the new workshop won't have room for a good wheeling machine, even if the budget stretched to it, which is doubtful. Well, no, there's no element of doubt involved. It doesn't.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Roger, out of interest what sort of lighting have you arranged for the pit. I never did get round to fitting any to mine and most light fittings seem too bulky and will get in the way / get damaged.
Also will the floor just be painted or are you going for the whole corporate image with plastic tiles in the workshop and carpet in the showroom?
Peter C
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

4 bulkhead lights, same as the old pit, and 4 double sockets.
The floor is power-floated concrete, high density mix, which he has got very smooth indeed. The plan is two coats of epoxy clear resin to show off the polished concrete/aggregate.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I went for two diagonally offset, semi recessed twin 5 foot fluorescent bulkhead lamps in my pit, which gives great lighting with minimal shadow. I wanted to have power points too, but building regulations did not allow them. Having said that, I've not missed having them.

My floor is machine polished and painted with Johnstone's two pack epoxy floor paint which is extremely hard wearing but can be a bit slippy when wet. https://www.johnstonestrade.com/product ... loor-paint

Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

How's the project doing Roger? Any updates?
Cheers, Clive.

Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Coming along, Clive...
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Wow! Words fail me Roger. I thought my buckie, with it's hardwood skirting boards and central heating would take a bit of beating, but you have certainly done that!
Cheers, Clive.