Website problems?

Other topics
catsx11

Website problems?

Post by catsx11 »

What's up with the website?
For the last few weeks there have been great problems getting any part of the site to load and on occasions no joy at all.
Tried emailing admin a week ago or so but, no reply.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Website problems?

Post by clive »

Same here. It's getting to the stage I can't be bothered with it. If it does load then it takes forever to navigate to different topics or to post a reply. Gets a 1 out of 10 for me! :cry:
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
the289admin
T289R Forum Admin
T289R Forum Admin

Post by the289admin »

Apologies for this. The server is stable, but the connectivity to the server is coming and going. Unfortunately that's the bit that is somewhat out of our control, but we're asking the relevant people to fix it. Please bear with us...

Cheers,

the289admin
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Today is the first day that I have had any problems. Tried several times during the day to log in to no avail. Now tonight I have managed to get on line but speed rather eratic. E.g slow or slower.
Hope you manage to get those that can to sort it out quickly.
Peter C
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

It's not been right, clearly - but I know our admin will work on those responsible so if it hangs I open another window to look at another OC forum and come back to it. It's not life and death, after all.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Well things seem to be back to normal again, well done admin. It was getting rediculous here, taking over ten minutes from hitting the submit button to it actually posting. Now down to about 10 seconds!
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

clive wrote:Well things seem to be back to normal again, well done admin. It was getting rediculous here, taking over ten minutes from hitting the submit button to it actually posting. Now down to about 10 seconds!
Hmm. Not here - just took me several minutes to post a reply to Clive...
but I guess Scotland's a way away from here
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Thanks for your input gents. Please could we take the above discussions offline?

I am locking this thread and will post an update when I have one. The service appears to have been stable for a few days, despite no remedial action being required on my part. I have received no information from the service provider to indicate they have done anything either, unfortunately.

Please rest assured that I take a full backup of the server periodically, so everything is safe. I'm sorry things haven't been as stable as they should be. Paul and I are trying to find an alternative, but of course these things can't happen overnight.

I will start a new thread when I have some information to report.

Andy