Other topics
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allan horsfall

Re: Apologies may be needed?

Post by allan horsfall »

Alan,

If I have issues regarding service from organisations, my attitude is to raise it with them because If I were them I'd want to be the first to know, so I can do something about it.
The question you raised was valid and justified. It did not place any blame on 289 admin or advance any criticism in their direction.
With the the arrogant and snotty reply you recieved, I think you are the one who deserves the appology!!!!

Allan
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Alan, I can't see that you've done anything wrong either to be honest and I certainly can't see other members being annoyed with you over what you posted. It just seemed like a legitimate concern over a problem with the forum. I'm assuming that you've not had anyone that you've allegedly upset contact you regarding this? I was under the impression that the club paid for the web site and forum hosting, and if this is the case then surely the comment ..."but paying work takes a much higher priority than purely voluntary work I'm afraid, sorry" doesn't stand true. You shouldn't be berated and derided on a forum for posting what appeared to be a question of genuine concern
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Guys,
I do not wish to take sides here but I feel we are on the verge of things getting out of hand with the ongoing comments on this subject.
I have seen this happen before on web postings and I think it best for all parties to just let sleeping dogs lie. What's done is done.
The forum was slow but is now fixed so let's get on with other tasks and enjoy our cars and of course the club's web site content.
Peter C
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

Ladies, please move on.

Its true that the club pays third party providers for the hosting of the website, but all the hard work that Andy, Paul and others put in is purely voluntary, conducted during their spare time when they are not at work, and for the benefit of all club members. This is true of all members that have stepped up to committee roles or other club responsibilities and they are clearly trying to resolve the issues by working with those relevant third parties.

The earlier thread could (inadvertently) be interpreted as a dig at those individuals not doing a good enough job to maintain the service you have become accustomed to. Maybe not what you intended, but it could be interpreted that way. Lets stop propagating this, be grateful that the service is predominantly excellent, that the current performance stands out as an exception, and move on.

Dave.

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

catsx11 wrote:This dog will not sleep or lie down.
Sounds like you've reached critical mass already Alan and will be able to escalate the situation further without additional input.

It's all working again now thanks to a small number of members who have given up their own time to focus on the issue. It has always been the case that a small number of committee members (typically the same people every year) put in their own time and effort to support the club. When people throw stones at them it's understandably not always well received.

The same thread can be interpreted differently by different people with different perspectives. Let's just move on.
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Hello gents,

Just for the record, I'm not offended by anything that has been said.

If there are issues between club members, I feel this sort of thing should be sorted out directly between the members via PM, email or phone. I think it is important to take a step back at times like this and remember that this is supposed to be enjoyable, and that sometimes what people say using the written word on a forum can be hugely mis-interpreted. Most of us never set out to offend, but sometimes offence is taken.

For the good of the club, please could we take this offline? If there is no resolution to this, please contact me directly and I will raise the matter with the committee (which I hasten to add, I am not a member of - just helping out with the techy stuff).

Kind regards,
Andy