Where are you off to this weekend?

Other topics
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Where are you off to this weekend?

Post by amulheirn »

Just wondered where you'll be going this sunny long weekend?

If you go somewhere nice, send a photo of you and the car to wiki@the289register.com and I'll post to this thread...
Roger King

Re: Where are you off to this weekend?

Post by Roger King »

I'll spend Saturday in the building site sorry, garden - then on Sunday it's the gentle jaunt that is the Misson Classic, up near Doncaster, a nice day out in the Mustang. Monday will no doubt be spent researching the availability and restoration of various ancient Land Rover parts.

It's a hard life.
David Large

Post by David Large »

There is an event at Curborough on Sunday - I will go and watch that. I don't want to go far on a Bank Holiday.

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Anantara in Portugal!

Sure; it's a lovely brand new 5 star uber luxury resort on the Algarve, but given the choice I'd much rather be taking my Cobra out at dawn on the B664 from Uppingham to Medbourne as the mist rises. Sadly I'll just have to be a touch more patient, as it's not entirely ready quite yet...

L
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I normally avoid going out on a bank holiday but it consides with a CRC meeting at Goodwood on Sunday and onto lunch at a suitable pub.
This time up at Alford - Sir Robert Tichbourne - worth while if you are over that way.
It would have been a nice drive up from Goodwood but for the few drivers who it would appear can't drive faster than 45mph.
A lovely bendy road that was crying out for bit of speed.

Andrew you should know by now that bank holiday Monday has the Surrey County Show - it always rains!
Peter C

Keith used to be a member of the 289 and his car still looks good.
P1070059R.jpg

There were a few custom trucks at Goodwood - this one taking lowering the suspensionto the full extent
P1070060R.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Bank holidays are not big in Scotland so today was pretty much like any other Monday apart from the number of caravans on the road. I did however spot this at Dundee airport yesterday.

Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Had a great day out at Misson, great weather, lovely route through Notts/Yorks/Lincs and some nice stops. Even won another trophy! If you blow the picture up, you can spot it on the bonnet...

Won't post to the wiki for obvious reasons. It's a genuine '68 though, not a replica...
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

I have to admit to being totally self-centered last weekend. Barry and I headed off to sunny Silverstone where I raced the Fiesta. Thanks to some first class race engineering from Barry, and aided by fresh rubber on the front, I finally made the top step of the podium in Race 1 and 2nd in both of the Sunday races (and fastest lap). Even got interviewed on the telly after my win (Motorsport TV, BRSCC Fiesta Championship). Overall trophy count has now exceeded the space available at home so I've moved them into the office :oops:
20170530_093140 (800x450) (800x450).jpg
Sadly, Nicky couldn't share in my success, she's maintaining a bedside vigil with her family around her father who is fading fast.

Tough times.

Colin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
PeterT

Post by PeterT »

Colin, sorry to hear about your father-in -law, I know what it is like having been through that with my mother.

Yes I am still a member even though I possess the Chatham fettled MGC Sebring. I was entered for Shelsley this Saturday but was moved to the Sunday event which I can't do because I am otherwise engaged. Congrats on the Fiesta challenge, I can't begin to compete with that apart from having been elected to Worcestershire County Council in May. Just more responsibility taking me away from driving the C. By the way how many members I wonder use ear plugs when driving their 289s? My wife insists that I use them because the sound of that straight six on full chat at 7500 rpm is rather deafening.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I use an ear plug in my right ear, not to drown the noise but to stop the buffeting caused by the slipstream especially on long journeys at motorway speeds. I do use two plugs if I have the hood up as the noise of the diff through the roll hoop is overpowering.
(In ear headphones work just as well and allows you to listen to music/radio on long journeys.)
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)