BLOODY ARSEHOLE PHOTOBUCKET!!!!!

Other topics
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: BLOODY ARSEHOLE PHOTOBUCKET!!!!!

Post by clive »

Dave, the photo isn't visible, it just comes up with a link to the photo which you need to click on to open it.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

...Link to photo of floor & tools...no pic in thread. :(
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Yes, I guess it's the natural nature of things in modern life. Pay, or nothing! Technology marches on, driven by profit which is reasonable for something as frivolous as posting pictures for public entertainment.
I've deleted my PB account and its contents. If anyone is misguided enough to want to see any of my Cobra-related stuff, just send an email and I'll happily send photos that way.
Is there any way we can actually post images on the forum directly, or is a third party the only way?
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

As long as the Club doesn't charge $400 a year for a handful of pics!
Do you have a ballpark figure for, say, 100gb?
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Personally I think the 'paid-up members only' idea for picture storage is a very good one. It gives an obvious advantage to being a paid-up member, and could encourage more to join. What we actually want, and would be a great idea, is pictures stored that are only visible to paid-up members. That really would be a definite membership benefit.
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Shh - don't tell anyone, but we do actually allow members to attach photos to the forum already.

If you are in the T289RMembers group (i.e. you have a T289RMember badge next to your postings), you can attach photos to your posts that will be hosted on our own server, rather than as an embedded link to somewhere else. Members who are in the 'Registered Users' group (i.e. non-paying forum users) do not have this permission.

We currently limit the total volume of attachments to 250MB. This is only for historic reasons: when our server was hosted somewhere with a very limited amount of storage. Our current server has 80GB storage which we pay for already, so this could easily be increased if necessary. When we move to a new server (imminently) I plan to retain this level of storage.

To attach a file, use the tabs below the 'Post a Reply' box. See below:
attach.jpg
Roger's point about allowing this for paying members only is interesting. I'll have a think on that.
Andy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I find the trouble with using that option, is my pictures are too big and need to resize them to post.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Dale Bowman

Post by Dale Bowman »

No it didn't Dave ... just the link not the photo shown
There are 3 types of people in this world
Those who can count and those who cant

DB427SC #006, 427 SO, Toploader
1965 Daytona Coupe ~ Sold
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

clive wrote:I find the trouble with using that option, is my pictures are too big and need to resize them to post.
I don't think it is unreasonable to resize photos to a sensible size to post on the forum. I always resize photos for Photobucket anyway, as it is much quicker to upload a 300kb photo than it is a 3mb one. HD quality is not needed on a forum - if you want a fine detail photo, email the owner to ask for one and I'm sure they would oblige. It's dead easy to resize - just open the photo, click 'save as', choose jpg and move the slider to 250-300kb and save to your desktop. Add to your posting and delete from the desktop. Well, that's on a Mac, anyway.

I'd have no problem at all with photos up to 500-750k being posted by members only - but I do think if it were possible for them to be only visible to members you would find it much easier to 'sell' this as a big advantage to joining the Club. Anyone wanting serious advice on building a car, or the history of the cars, would need to join. A nice halfway house between full open public access and a closed 'members-only' forum.

And up yours, Photobucket. Just to keep Nik happy.
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

image.jpg
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.