BLOODY ARSEHOLE PHOTOBUCKET!!!!!

Other topics
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: BLOODY ARSEHOLE PHOTOBUCKET!!!!!

Post by clive »

I've checked other forums that I have posted pictures on over the past ten years or more and all of my photos have disappeared. Pretty poor show when you try to help others.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Terrible situation. I've always disliked Photobucket because the site is so comprehensively plastered with advertising, but for them to change this without notice (and do so retroactively too) is really bad behaviour on their part.

I've no experience with Imgur, but here are some instructions on moving albums of photos from Photobucket to Flickr. Of course it doesn't fix all the broken links on the forum, but it is a start:

https://www.picbackman.com/tips-tricks/ ... -to-flickr

And here's how to find all the posts you've ever made to start the miserable task of reviving all the links. If I think of a better way to do this, I will let you know:
showyourposts.jpg
Cheers,
Andy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Thanks Andy. If they were even charging a reasonable $30-$50 a year it would be rotten, but $400 a year is just ridiculous. Had a quick look at Imgur, but the first image that showed up was his'n'hers sex toys, so NSFW!
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Yeah - I had a quick look at Imgur, and it looked a bit like a dark corner of the web to me. Quite a lot of memes and odd stuff.

I did a bit of looking into the Photobucket thing. I tried to download an album, but it seems to start and never finish. Tried this on two different web browsers but no luck with either. My album only contains a single photo, so its not big. The pop-up box seems to want to play a video advert before giving me my file, but the video never starts so the file never gets downloaded.

Instead, I had more success with a plugin for the Chrome browser called Photobucket Album Downloader. There is a limited one for free that can download albums with under 100 images in it - link here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... dnhogadkfj

The paid-for version of the same thing costs £1.30 and is unlimited. Of course this only works if you have the Chrome browser, which you can download from here: https://www.google.com/chrome/

Unfortunately none of this solves the other parts of the problem, namely how to upload again to Flickr or somewhere else, or how to reset all the embedded pictures you have put in old forum posts.

If I find something better I will let you know.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

nikbj68 wrote: Had a quick look at Imgur, but the first image that showed up was his'n'hers sex toys, so NSFW!
I didn't see that! Do you have a link???? :P
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

If you're using Flickr

Click on the photo you wish to use in Flickr, click the curved 'share' arrow, click on the BBCode tab at the top, select all the BBCode and copy and paste it into your forum post. Then, delete all the code just before '[img' and all the code just after the 'img]' (keeping everything in between) and you should be left with the image only in your post.

Photophucket have really messed up. I've found every forum I've been looking at for image reference, no longer display photophucket uploads – Grrrrr :(
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Flickr is proving a pain in the arse as I can't copy the BBCode link using the iPad...
STILL fuming about Photofuckit's Ransom policy.
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
db replicas

Post by db replicas »

db replicas

Post by db replicas »

Did that work?.... anyone???
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

I seem to recognise that car, 'Jasmine...?

Nice pipes, by the way!
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim