Hello to the register

Other topics
chapels74
T289R Member
T289R Member

Hello to the register

Post by chapels74 »

Dear all,

I've been reading this forum for a while and thought it would be time to say hello. I'm from Hamburg, Germany and have been looking for a Cobra for years. Over time, the registration requirements in Germany have become so severe that it is virtually impossible to newly register a Hawk. So I decided to look for an Aurora, because they are older than 30 years and therefore it is not an issue to register it as a historic car over here. After 7 years of searching, I finally found what I was looking for in the States and after a 10 weeks journey I finally picked her up from Bremerhaven last week.

There is still a lot of work ahead of me until I can hopefully get her on the street in the spring.

I am looking forward to many interesting people and discussion here and hoping to meet one or the other of you at one of the future events.

Cheers from Hamburg

Sascha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: Hello to the register

Post by StewbieC »

Hallo Sacha!
Wilkomen dabei!
Nice looking car and well done on getting something that you are able to register in Germany. Looking forward to seeing a few more photos.
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

Welcome Sascha,

And, well done for being patient and finding your ideal 289! I'm sure our members would love to find out more about the Aurora, as it's quite a rare beast in the UK and Europe. And, if you'd like to tell us a little about your search and finally importing your car, please feel free to send me a story for the newsletter at any time, when convenient.

Phil
T289R Editor
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Nice Christmas present to yourself! Looking forward to hearing more in the magazine!
John H
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by John H »

Welcome Sascha, she looks great and I bet you can't wait to get her on the road, maybe in the spring??
Built St Piran Hawk289FIA in Scotland!
chapels74
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by chapels74 »

Thank you all very much for your warm welcome, much appreciated!

I will post some more pictures in the next weeks once I have her dry and able to drive out of my tight garage. As customs took nearly 10 days to fix the import tax and to issue the customs order which is needed to get the car out of the port, it is a bit like being in an aquarium now, due to the heavy rain during that time and her standing outside without any coverage except the blue plastic you see on the pictures.

Have a nice evening

Sascha