T289R desktop wallpaper

Other topics
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

T289R desktop wallpaper

Post by amulheirn »

Hi all,

I just had a go at making some T289R wallpaper for your computer. It is available on the main page when you log into the new membership system - https://www.the289register.com/amember/login

Let me know what you think and if I should try to make some more. We've got quite a lot of photos on Flickr and other places that might make good desktop backgrounds... And if you have photos you want to put in our gallery, please get in touch.

Cheers,
Andy
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: T289R desktop wallpaper

Post by clive »

Hi Andy,

Loving the Cobra wallpaper, but the Highgate House picture is over photoshopped for my liking. (As were all the ones taken by the so called pro photographer that day!)
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I agree with Clive.
I’m no expert but I think I can provide a better balanced version with only a small amount of added brightness.
Peter C
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Hi - yes, I can see your points. Unfortunately we didn't get 'un-shopped' originals - I was just pleased to get some unexpected high-res pics. That said, another photo by the same photographer on Facebook is our number 1 clicked-on post. So I guess some people are OK with that.

If anyone has photos they want to send me, I'd be happy to include them. Maybe we should have another photo competition this year?
Frank289
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Frank289 »

Thank u very much. Like or no like im happy with it, thx for the effort.
Nice weekend Grtz Frank
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Frank,
Just for clarification both Clive and myself were criticising the group photo outside the hotel which was a little false in the colouring. It was a grey day so a photo would have needed a bit of embellishment to brighten it up, but in doing so the hotel took on a glow that doesn’t look quite right.
On the other hand the wall paper version of the Cobra FIA had some wonderful shadows and highlights which you expect with a professional studio photo.
Peter C