Oldencars

Other topics
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Oldencars

Post by amulheirn »

I had the following email from Oldencars, which I said I would publish on our forum in case anyone is interested. They are at https://oldencars.com:

---------
I am setting up OldenCars, offering person to person classic car hire. We offer classic owners a secure way to earn from their cars and pre-vetted drivers a commitment-free way to enjoy them. We provide the marketing, insurance, payment gateway and support. OldenCars is the Airbnb of classic motoring.

We are super excited about the impact this will have on the classics market, for owners and drivers alike. We are certain this will revolutionise classic use by getting more of these beautiful cars on the road.

We have just put up our pre-launch site and are encouraging classic owners and I am writing in case this may be of interest to your members.

Would you be willing to inform your owners of this opportunity? I'm happy to answer any questions.

Regards
Anna
07873 124107
anna@oldencars.com
simonjrwinter

Re: Oldencars

Post by simonjrwinter »

Happy to let people drive your cars? Not me!
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I don’t think there would be a queue to allow others to drive their cherished cars.
It will be interesting to see if it develops. I know there are similar systems to loan cars to film sets but having seen how some classics have been driven it won’t be mine.
Peter C
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

You just need to ask Gerry about the Stratos on Top Gear, oh and stand back.
There are plenty of people that would be willing to let people drive their cars, but I doubt many on here would.
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

I understand the chap that owned the cobra replica in the Taylor Swift video where she clouts it with golf clubs got a new paint job out of it.....not because of the gold clubs -(the violence was faked), but because she sat on the 'hood' and scratched it with her jeans.

I wouldn't mind letting a film crew have my car for a few days, for the right terms and conditions. As for a rental....no way,
simonjrwinter

Post by simonjrwinter »

I think the only way to make a business out of this is to buy cars and insure the risk yourself. Trying to get someone else to provide the vehicles while managing the risk seems slightly nuts.
Simon
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.