POA ?

Other topics
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

POA ?

Post by KevinW »

Can anyone tell me why some people put 'POA' when they are trying to sell something? Seems to affect the higher parts of the market - have always found it annoying. Seen thee same on houses, although its always easy to find out the asking price given the rankings on RightMove.

Why not come clean, most prices are pitched high anyway to see what the market will bear, or is it a game deciding how much to charge a punter depending on whether you like the sniff of him?
Or is it some sales trick to get the punter to inquire and then try to pull the wool over his eyes about how the price is really excellent value?
Perhaps the 2nd hand dealer doesn't want to publicly reveal his mark-up to the original seller? - surely resolved via an anonymous phone call.
Or is just a 'cache of exclusivity' that the punter is buying in to?

I await your 'exclusive' responses. :)
CobStang

Re: POA ?

Post by CobStang »

If you have to ask then you can't afford it !
High end dealers don't want to be dealing with riff raff, they want moneyed clientele simple as that.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Sometimes it is used to judge what the interest is.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

CobStang wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:03 am If you have to ask then you can't afford it !
High end dealers don't want to be dealing with riff raff, they want moneyed clientele simple as that.
- that's a non sequitur - doesnt answer my question!
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

clive wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:47 pm Sometimes it is used to judge what the interest is.
ah, interesting - hadn't thought of that. Presumably a ball park figure can be provided before committing to a price.
It's still annoying though.