289 register news

Other topics
simonjrwinter

289 register news

Post by simonjrwinter »

Received my copy today. Thanks to all involved, another excellent magazine.
Simon
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: 289 register news

Post by clive »

I received mine too and I must say I am absolutely gutted to see our Chairman has resigned over what, in my opinion, was a stupid act which had nothing to do with The 289 Register. This was a personal matter and should have never been in the public domain. The original photograph should never have been posted and should have been removed as soon as it was seen.

As I have said, this was personal between two individuals, yet it has cost the resignation of two influential members of the Club and the loss of a really good, dedicated Chairman. I understand that an apology was made by the person involved, and accepted, and that should have been an end to the matter and not have led to the current situation. I would like to thank Nik for all his good work and wish him well and hope that he continues to be a member of T289R.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
simonjrwinter

Post by simonjrwinter »

I must agree Clive. While we all saw the photo, it shouldn’t have any effects on the club, it was dealt with, and the matter was closed. No need to involve the club and I feel it was certainly none of your, mine, or anybody else’s business.
Simon
TR6 (V8) Hawk 289 FIA (V8) Doing my bit for global warming.
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Thanks for your kind words. The incident itself is not, to me, the major issue here; but how I allowed the ‘fallout’ to continue afterwards, which led to criticism of the Club/committee.
I love this club and regret how my (in)actions had consequences I didn’t foresee, but the Club will be fine, I’m fine, and although I won’t be at Silverstone (due to the change of dates) this year, I’m still very much an active member. 👍🏻
Cheers!
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!