Goodwood Members meeting

Club events that are going on around the world
chriskcode
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Goodwood Members meeting

Postby chriskcode » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:36 pm

I went last year, but undecided on this year, depends upon hols to somewhere warm (when Yvonne maker her mind up) and finishing the winter jobs on the mustang
Chris

ianhunter
T289R Member
T289R Member

Postby ianhunter » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:52 am

Will definitely be there for both days spectating at Lavant with my son, on the fence - smack in front of the TV screen! Will wander around the paddock on Saturday evening without doubt!

Best regards

Ian
AC Cobra 427 S/C Replica by Factory Five Racing, USA - First in UK and RHD. Ford 393W with Edelbrock RPM Performer = 475 bhp.

Just started Replica Daytona Coupe also by FFR, chassis now right hand drive and powder coated.

Colin Newbold
T289R Member
T289R Member

Postby Colin Newbold » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:03 pm

I'll be on Lavant bank on Saturday too Ian, what time are you aiming to arrive?

Colin
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got." Well, you know what? That ain't true any more... "If you're not always moving forward/continuously improving...you're going backwards!"

ianhunter
T289R Member
T289R Member

Postby ianhunter » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Colin

Probably around 08.30 for a coffee and bacon roll!

Best regards

Ian
AC Cobra 427 S/C Replica by Factory Five Racing, USA - First in UK and RHD. Ford 393W with Edelbrock RPM Performer = 475 bhp.

Just started Replica Daytona Coupe also by FFR, chassis now right hand drive and powder coated.

amulheirn
T289R Member
T289R Member

Postby amulheirn » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:37 pm

My tickets arrived for the Saturday - would be good to see a few faces. Will exchange numbers nearer the time!

Samthomasracing
T289R Member
T289R Member

Postby Samthomasracing » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:32 pm

Can everyone do the warm weather dance !
When racing was dangerous and sex was safe....

Marsh
T289R Member
T289R Member

Postby Marsh » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:48 pm

As I may well be coming down in a friend's Caterham (from 186 miles distant), I will more than likely be unable to do any form of dancing, except perhaps for the hypothermia shuffle. :shock:

Have warm drinks on standby...
KPG36C - DB 427 side oiler #005 in 1965 'Street' trim

Paul Anderson
T289R Member
T289R Member

Postby Paul Anderson » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:00 pm

I'll be there on the Saturday:-) Hope it is warmer than last year!!!!!

Colin Newbold
T289R Member
T289R Member

Postby Colin Newbold » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:11 pm

It would be fun for us all to meet up for breakfast, or later on round Sam's paddock bay...

Do you know your times yet Sam? Is Quali on Friday or Saturday? What times are you likely to be in your paddock bay?

Although my car is on Lavant Bank all day, in previous years there's been nothing there other than a coffee stall so I'm planning to walk over to the infield about 08:30...there's always been a giant marquee adjacent to the tunnel road which seems favourite?

Colin
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got." Well, you know what? That ain't true any more... "If you're not always moving forward/continuously improving...you're going backwards!"

Marsh
T289R Member
T289R Member

Postby Marsh » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:29 pm

Nice to see Colin and Vince yesterday - Sam and Andrew; big apologies that we didn't to meet up - like many of us, I sort of got carried away with the event and the next thing I knew, it was time to come home.

I see that the 'Alan Mann' Daytona recreation didn't hit it's reserve and was last seen hovering around £120k, which was £20k below its' low reserve. According to the auction catalogue, it only required a further £100k investment to complete the build, in lieu mainly to the lacking engine and box. Can't for the life of me think why it didn't fly off the podium, though in fairness, it did appear to be beautifully presented.

L
KPG36C - DB 427 side oiler #005 in 1965 'Street' trim

amulheirn
T289R Member
T289R Member

Postby amulheirn » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:28 pm

Yeah - sorry to have missed you. Got there late, mucked up putting your number into my phone and for various reasons didn't get to see anyone else either! Next time - just glad a few people made contact!

Cheers,
A.

Roger King
T289R Member
T289R Member

Postby Roger King » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:55 am

I went on Sunday - you get 10 races in rather than just the two on Saturday, but I do wish Freddie would move the date - it was taters cold again this year.
Great racing though, best meeting I've been to for ages, especially with far fewer people than the Revival.

COX5012
T289R Member
T289R Member

Postby COX5012 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Colin Newbold wrote:It would be fun for us all to meet up for breakfast, or later on round Sam's paddock bay...

Do you know your times yet Sam? Is Quali on Friday or Saturday? What times are you likely to be in your paddock bay?

Although my car is on Lavant Bank all day, in previous years there's been nothing there other than a coffee stall so I'm planning to walk over to the infield about 08:30...there's always been a giant marquee adjacent to the tunnel road which seems favourite?

Colin

It was good to meet up with Colin and Mr Marsh, at Levant Bank. Had some good advice on my Carberettor problems. Really good variety of racing during the day, highlights of course were the cobras and GT40s. weather was kind. Another highlight for me was following Colin in his Cobra in the dark along the A27 back to Brighton, loved the whole day.

Colin Newbold
T289R Member
T289R Member

Postby Colin Newbold » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:58 pm

Roger King wrote: ... but I do wish Freddie would move the date - it was taters cold again this year....

Unless I've misunderstood you Roger, I think it's Charles you need to protest to... Freddie moved on a while back :?

Colin Newbold
T289R Member
T289R Member

Postby Colin Newbold » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:02 am

It was great to meet up with you again Vince, and hope you get that carb sorted. Nice meeting your hotshot protégé Michael, hope he does well in your Ginetta racing during the year.

Meanwhile... back at the ranch, it's Fiesta racing for a while.... :D

Colin

Return to “Events”