Summer Barbecue

Club events that are going on around the world
Paul Blore

Summer Barbecue

Post by Paul Blore »

The 289 Register will be holding a Summer Barbecue on Saturday 18th June for all paid up club members. This is the weekend on the 24 Hour Le Mans, so we'll be having a Le Mans theme to the event.
I'll be hosting the bash and we have plenty of space for anyone who would like to pitch a tent and stay over. Alternatively, there is also a TraveLodge a couple of miles away with room rates at around £52, although I'm hoping to get a special group rate.
We currently have around 40 people so far who have said they're coming and I'll be sending an email to those shortly with more details.
If you'd like to come along (partners also invited of course), please let me know by email (chairman at the 289 register dot com) or PM as we need to know numbers in advance to arrange sufficient food etc.
Parking is safe and secure, so please come in your Cobras if possible.

Paul
Paul Blore

Re: Summer Barbecue

Post by Paul Blore »

We're getting close now so if anyone would like to come along who hasn't already said they're coming, please speak up now.

Paul
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Hear, hear Alan!

Thank you to Paul and Selina for their exceptional hospitality as always; it was a great reminder of what a lovely bunch of people the 289 collective are.

It's only served to strengthen my resolve that I really do need a small piece of Thames Ditton back in my garage; Newport Pagnell is all very well, but, well, you know the rest...

A wonderful evening - thank you all.

lee
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Thank you to everyone who came to the Summer Barbecue, it was great to see you all. We had a terrific summer evening and then some of us reconvened for breakfast this morning followed by a great run over to Rutland Water before returning to have another barbecue for a late lunch.

We'll do it all again next summer, assuming I'm still the Chairman of course. ;)

Paul
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Wouldn't be the easiest of acts to follow!

Thanks to all the Blores for a great day out, it was really great to see so many friends again and make some new ones. I knew Lee would weaken eventually, it was only a matter of time. Next year we'll stay over and get both day's fun in, including the helpful helicopter action whilst Barry jump starts Byron's Merc with his phone again!!

Great day, folks

Roger
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Nice one Paul & Selina...I dont think there'll be any challenges for the Chair Paul :wink:
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"