Cranleigh classic

Club events that are going on around the world
catsx11

Post by catsx11 »

Last edited by catsx11 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agnoraan

Re: Cranleigh classic

Post by agnoraan »

As Alan said, what a great show and an excellent turnout of 289 cars (were there 13??) The weather was glorious and the chat, banter and friendship was fantastic. It's all very well "chatting" on the forum, but it's really nice to put names to faces and to enjoy each others company, thanks all for making it a day to remember.

Here's a couple of photos

I must admit to having abit of "engine envy" , first there was Andys engine

...and then this turned up

Nige
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Many thanks to all those that made it on the day. Made it all worth while requesting a club pitch for the first time. I think everyone enjoyed the day so maybe I'll request a pitch for 16 next year.
We had a few cancellations and additions over the previous week but on the day it was 11 Cobs, 2 Mustangs and 2 pick ups trucks apparently friends of another member.
Weather was meant to be dull and only 21C but the sun came out and it was around 24C. I think a few people may see the effects of the sun later.
Some very nice looking cars and interesting conversations.
Regrettably the excitement of the day was the air ambulance landing in the arena to attend a seriously ill guest.
Any car parked within 50 meters got covered in grass cuttings.
As Nige has already mentioned there was some eviable engine bays decked out with an array of Weber IDF's.
I must look at my piggy bank !
Peter C
P.S. Roger, he paid £1200 for the CSX Reg number if that makes you a little happier.
Last edited by peterc on Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morgy

Post by morgy »

peterc wrote:Mark,
I'm a bit confused as I thought that you had said you were OK for Cranleigh and I have issued out the link to your ticket.
Please confirm non attendance so that I can resend your ticket to Nige as it appears that he wants to attend.

Nige.
Please PM me with your email address so I can sort out a ticket for you.

Andrew.
Yes, I have a 289 banner from the club stores and have repaired the corners with eyelets and obtained some stakes to hammer into the ground. Just need to decide on the day the best position for it.
Peter C
Hi Sorry for my late reply and also not confirming. Due to the Issue with my car and not knowing if i would have it back in time I chose to pack up and leave early for the Competition and help set up. Not had a chance to log onto this forum... :oops:

I did manage to get the car back a few hours before I left :D
Timing had "moved"
Another New Coil
Electronic Ignition
New Dis Cap
Fuel pump was putting out 12psi, now fitted with a fuel regulator and set correctly @5psi
Valve clearance set
Full service
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Mark,
Glad to hear that you have managed to get the engine problem resolved.
Hope the paramotor competition went well and was worth your efforts.
Assuming it doesn't clash with next years event put the Cranleigh Classic in your diary as I think everyone enjoyed it enough to recommend future attendance.
Peter C