Cranleigh classic

Club events that are going on around the world
Paul Blore

Re: Cranleigh classic

Post by Paul Blore »

morgy wrote:Hi

I will not be able to attend this event due to the start of the world Paramotor championships @ Popham..
Any progress on identifying and fixing the cause of the misfire Mark?

Paul
morgy

Post by morgy »

HI Paul

The timing had somehow moved and was firing at the end of the contact in the Distributor cap possibly firing the wrong cylinder :?: The car has a Mallory distributer and I have been told the points are no long available so going to electronic as recommended

I am having a guy do a full service, the timing and carb tune to make sure she is at full strength again. :lol:
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Hi Mark,
That isn't a timing issue, but a phasing problem. The relative position of the points cam and the rotor arm should be fixed, other than the ignition advance, so if the spark is firing when the rotor arm has passed the post, something is amiss. On the MSD distributors, you can get adjustable rotor arms that allow you to move the arm relative to the HT post.
Paul
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Mark,
I'm a bit confused as I thought that you had said you were OK for Cranleigh and I have issued out the link to your ticket.
Please confirm non attendance so that I can resend your ticket to Nige as it appears that he wants to attend.

Nige.
Please PM me with your email address so I can sort out a ticket for you.

Andrew.
Yes, I have a 289 banner from the club stores and have repaired the corners with eyelets and obtained some stakes to hammer into the ground. Just need to decide on the day the best position for it.
Peter C
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Hi Peter, PM sent, thanks
Nige
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Looking forward to seeing The 289 Register out in force tomorrow - hope everyone can make it!

For anyone coming, our stand is in zone C, next to the Cobra Replica Club. Map below:
Club Zones at Cranleigh Classic 2016
Club Zones at Cranleigh Classic 2016
I'll take a few photos and put them on Twitter and Facebook:
https://twitter.com/289Register
https://www.facebook.com/T289R/
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Any idea as to what the earliest time would be to enter the showground? I read that the public are allowed in at 9.30, but I'm guessing we should all be set up by then?
Nige
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Hi Nige -

Seems to be open for club exhibitors from 7am. I think AndyG and I should be there just before 9. I will PM you my number so we can find each other if necessary.

See you tomorrow
Andrew
chriskcode

Post by chriskcode »

I'm aiming to be there for circa 0830-0845, see you all in the T289 club area, I will be last in the line in that dirty ole '67 red fastback :lol:
Chris
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Hi Nigel,
I think a lot of people arrive early and have breakfast. Not sure when the food stalls open but they are probably only to happy to get the trade.
I'll aim to be there by 9.30 subject to the queue to get in!

We are back down to 12 cars. If those who are there early please judge where the change from 289 to 427 should be and then Chris can be the barrier with the 289 Mustang.
Peter C