Silverstone classic

Club events that are going on around the world
David Large

Re: Silverstone classic

Post by David Large »

All sorted.

Sorry we will not be seeing you and your car Migge.

regards,

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
chriskcode

Post by chriskcode »

Hope you all have a great weekend.

I'll not be too far away at Santa Pod for the weekend and the MOPAR Euronats, great muscle car weekend.

Chris
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

Just wanted to say Dan and I had a fantastic weekend at SC16 and how great it was to catch up with so many friends and club members. Fantastic turnout with c. 30 cars on the Saturday, weather was just right, some awesome racing, and some great music to finish the Saturday evening.

Hope everybody got home safely and looking forward to catching up with you all again soon, hopefully at the NEC.

Best wishes to all.

Dave & Dan.
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Ditto,
Every time I go to an event it's great to be reminded what a nice bunch of people the membership are!
I hope everyone had a safe and uneventful journey back.
Until the next time.

Post by Paul Blore »

We had a terrific turnout and had four original cars on the stand over the weekend, which must be a record. :)

I think we also had 2 or maybe even 3 new members join while we were there.

Paul
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Paul Blore wrote:We had a terrific turnout and had four original cars on the stand over the weekend, which must be a record. :)

I think we also had 2 or maybe even 3 new members join while we were there.

Paul
Yes, and very gratifyingly most of them came from the ACOC who were quite woefully under-represented!

It was a truly great weekend, I loved seeing everybody and their cars and, of course, thanks to all for the trophy. It means a lot to have a crowd like the 289Reg appreciate the work I've done - nobody else really matters!

I hope all got home OK - particularly Nik, and the long-distance crews. More stories for the mag, I think.
Got back OK last night and gearbox is now out. Cracked bearing retainer and the pilot bush has been picking up for some reason, but no serious damage so should be back together soon I hope.

Omninone accersita!, as they say around these parts.
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Sounds like I missed (most of) an amazing weekend!
It was great to see everyone I met on Friday, with particular thanks to Colin for getting me into the paddock so I could get my damaged tyre replaced, Barry for lockwire & pliers for the spinners, but most of all to Rob Hall & his mechanic, Mark Stone, for supplying and arranging fitting of a used pair of Dunlops from his racing Cobra!
Compared to some other attendees' afflictions, a puncture was a pretty minor annoyance, but being able to replace the tyre & have the Cobra useable for the journey home and Sue`s daughter`s Wedding on the Saturday saved me from so much disappointment and stress, just wonderful! 8)
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

I was disappointed not to be able to get down in my Cobra, but after a futile engine rebuild on Friday night/Saturday morning a failed cylinder head gasket was diagnosed.
Lucky for me I have a "spare" classic and the 'Rari served us well. However, it cost me £110 to park it on the FOC stand. :shock:

Paul
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I would agree with all the previous comments that it was a good week end meeting up with everyone. Yet again I realised I spent so much time chatting and comparing notes that the racing went unseen!
Visiting the International pits was well worth while. The McLaren Can Am cars had inlet trumpets the size of drain pipes. Most cars have exhausts that size!
Above all it is nice to know that the whole 289 team are well prepared to get stuck in to help another member needing assistance. Judging by the various problems I must be on borrowed time.
Having said that the job this week is to unbolt the dash to access the hazard switch which is the next item to be checked to locate my wiring gremlin.
Peter C
Karl

Post by Karl »

Return journey was fine, no rain and no queues. For the record the single journey is 732 km (457,5 miles), that is without the tunnel.
Thanks to everxbody for their time and interesting discussions. Always good to see the other cars, as during the year I only see mine!
Karl and Ingeborg