Silverstone classic

Club events that are going on around the world
agnoraan

Re: Silverstone classic

Post by agnoraan »

Paul Blore wrote:It was good to see it in the flesh Nige and I think we're all looking forward to seeing future modifications.

Paul
Thanks Paul, I must admit I was very concerned as to what people would make of it in reality, it's one thing to see something in photos, but sometimes in reality, it isn't always how people might think it is or should be :wink:
The next job is to make the aluminium dash, followed by modifying the rear 1/4 panels/rear end of the car, and then fit the quad Dellortos and make the engine bay look a bit more orignal. I'll probably give it a proper respray over the Winter and redo the bits that I'm not happy with.

Nige
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

AND THEN get on with the Insanity car!!! :wink:
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Congratulations to all the awards winners, they were all well deserved.

There was always only ever going to be one winner for the best build trophy, so very well done Roger, although it would have been more difficult if Migge had managed to get there. :?

Although there has always been an unwritten rule that committee members can't receive awards, they're often the most deserving, so I decided to trample on the rules and award the Chairman's Trophy to Phil Riley for his outstanding and tireless work, primarily on the newsletters, which really stand us apart from any other comparable club and many other much larger clubs, but also for his very significant input into putting many of the show stands together.

Kevin Kivlochan received the Gerry Hawkridge trophy for his commitment to the marque over many years of racing and competing in AC's (and generally being a "good egg") and also for cable-tying Gerry's trousers to his chair during the awards. Excellent! :lol:

Paul
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Paul Blore wrote:Although there has always been an unwritten rule that committee members can't receive awards, they're often the most deserving, so I decided to trample on the rules and award the Chairman's Trophy to Phil Riley for his outstanding and tireless work, primarily on the newsletters, which really stand us apart from any other comparable club and many other much larger clubs, but also for his very significant input into putting many of the show stands together.
That's a pretty dumb unwritten rule! Yes, speaking as a past newsletter editor I really don't know how Phil does it. None of the other clubs to which I belong can come close for the newsletter, this award was entirely well-deserved.

My thanks for the 'build' trophy award go to all in the club - this sort of thing isn't done in isolation, it needs support, encouragement and advice from other club members. The number of times I've sat back and looked at it in bits* and thought 'why am I doing this?' are too countless to mention, so it is very gratifying indeed to have the tacit approval of fellow club members. Migge must be favourite for next year, unless anyone knows better?

And the cable-tie trick was just great. My sides hurt after watching 'the big man' shuffling up to the front of the marquee with a chair attached irremovably to his backside. I gather Kev claimed he didn't realise Gerry had to stand up in front of the meeting... yeah, right...

* last night, for example....
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

I couldn't agree with you more, they were absolutely the correct choices made, for the same reasons as above

Nige
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

PLEEEEEEEEZE tell me there is video evidence of the awards....there would have been if I`d been there!!! :lol:
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

I'd have to add that I think Nige deserves some mention here for his creativity and ability to rework literally anything he decides to change. Watching his methods and the quality of the output has been a true lesson and genuinely inspiring at times.

Post by Paul Blore »

Nige's name certainly came up when we were considering the awards, and in any other year he may well have scooped the Best New Build Trophy (although it isn't technically a "new" build). But in the year that Roger completed his 289, he had little chance I'm afraid. :wink:

However, the "Insanity" project is a different matter and something for another day. 8)

Paul
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

Thanks for the very kind words everyone and Mr. Chairman for presenting me with your Trophy. It was great to catch up with so many old friends, And, such a fantastic turn-out of cars of the highest standard! It really did make me feel so proud of our small but beautifully formed club.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

nikbj68 wrote:PLEEEEEEEEZE tell me there is video evidence of the awards....there would have been if I`d been there!!! :lol:
No video I'm afraid, but I hope this will suffice...

Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)