Le Mans Classic 2018

Club events that are going on around the world
agnoraan

Re: Le Mans Classic 2018

Post by agnoraan »

Nadine and I would like to go on this too Paul if you could put us on the list?
Nige
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

will do Nige.

Paul
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Here's a little more detail for you all:

The intention is to make this a longer duration than typical, by extending the stay until the following Friday for those who want to. The accommodation will be booked for the full duration, so it isn't going to cost any more to stay.

By extending the stay until Friday, it allows time to chill and relax in beautiful surroundings after the manic activities of the weekend. If this year was anything to go by, many of the ladies chose to stay behind in the village and make their own arrangements rather than suffer in silence at the circuit. :wink:

Whilst we will be arranging a number of meals, the focus will be on good quality, simple food, preferably eaten outdoors with great company, rather than pseudo fine dining, which should also help on the cost front. However, our hosts run a terrific restaurant in the village, so that option will also be available for those who want it. Alternatively, if you prefer to share some cheese and a baguette and a bottle or two of wine by the pool, that isn't a problem either.

Oh, did I mention that there was a pool? :wink: 8)

I'm looking forward to it already.

Paul
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Selina and I have just returned from France and we've secured an additional property just outside the village. It is a beautiful medieval Manor House in a tranquil riverside location.

As previously stated, we will simply be passing on the direct costs for the accommodation, and as a result, some rooms will cost more or less than others due to the size, facilities etc. but I'll email the costs out to everyone, with options where applicable, as soon as I have all of the details.

We also scouted out a number of circular routes with stop-offs for coffee, lunch etc. The roads are fantastic with very little, if any traffic so there will be plenty of opportunity to enjoy your cars to the full.

We have a very limited number of rooms still available so if you would like to come along and haven't yet let me know, I urge you to do so sooner rather than later because when they're gone, they're gone and we won't be adding any more.

Paul
dodger

Post by dodger »

Hi Paul,

Sounds good. Please put myself & Paola down for this also.

All the best,

Roger
Dodger.

Still looking for the last open road.
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Hi Roger,

Will do.

As it currently stands, we only have one room left, so if anyone else is thinking about it, make your mind up quick.

Paul