Goodwood Revival 2016

Club events that are going on around the world
Colin Newbold

Goodwood Revival 2016

Post by Colin Newbold »

Anyone going on the Friday?
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
chriskcode

Re: Goodwood Revival 2016

Post by chriskcode »

Colin, See you there.

Good to see you and Nicky last weekend at the Bexhill 100 club show.

Chris
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

You too Chris :D

Aim to be in pre-72 car park at 08:00, then breakfast on the infield...Spitfire Cafe (near aero club). Should be joined by old friend Kris Barnes and his girlfriend.

Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Goodwood Revival live video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jresu2xAKKk

I see Kevin Kivlochan has qualified in his Ace Bristol: https://www.facebook.com/T289R/photos/a ... =3&theater
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

I'm delighted to report that after passing on a few tips about how to drive historics at Goodwood, I saw this man go on to win Part 1 of the St Mary's Trophy race :lol:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3odqy5wnc7jf ... 2.jpg?dl=0
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Course I didn't!! The last person Andrew Jordan needs advice from is me! Although the A30/35 race was the slowest of the event, I really encourage you to find footage on TV somewhere. It was a masterclass in driving on historic tyres in the wet.

Colin
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Blimey, that was quick!
ITV 4 finally realised that an hour isn`t enough to even scratch the surface of the Revival, so their coverage is now 2 hour-long shows, WHOOPEE! Unfortunately, they broadcast part 1 last night, part 2 will be at 9pm tonight!
Fear not, it is repeated again at the weekend, 7:40-9:40am on Saturday, set your planners! :)
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

IF you didn`t get to see enough BMW-six derived action on the ITV coverage, check out The Goodwood Youtube feed of the LAVANT CUP, and doesn`t 289Register member Kevin Kivlochan get a lot of screen-time in his fabulous bare-Ali Ace?!

Also, Kev taking the chicane is on the Goodwood TWITTER link to their gallery of the race. [:D]
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!