Vote for Tim Isles` Ace at Goodwood Revival

Club events that are going on around the world
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Vote for Tim Isles` Ace at Goodwood Revival

Post by nikbj68 »

Tim Isles’ 1956 AC Ace-Bristol has been short listed by Sir Stirling Moss as one of 30 cars competing for one of the three prestigious daily “Best in Show” awards organised by top UK Insurance Broker Stewart Miller & Peter James at the Goodwood Revival Meeting on 9th, 10th and 11th September.
Ten cars will be displayed on each of the three days located ‘Over the Road’ at the Stewart Miller & Peter James Insurance Stand(No.369), and all visitors will be very welcome to view them.
Tim’s Ace is an ex-Venezuela racing car that was modified in 1956 to compete in the thriving motor sport scene in the country at that time. Tim found it derelict in Caracas in 2010 and after rebuilding it, was delighted to be invited to take partin the Fordwater Trophy at the 2013 Goodwood Revival.(below)
The AC Ace makes for a great road car on sunny days reports Tim and always draws interest from enthusiasts.
The “Best in Show” winner each day will be presented with a magnum of Veuve Clicquot Champagne, a Goodwood Hamper, a £100 insurance voucher from Stewart Miller & Peter James Insurance and, of course, Goodwood Revival 2017 tickets.
TIM NEEDS YOUR VOTE!: you can vote online now by clicking HERE or on the Stewart Miller & Peter James Insurance Stand ‘Over the Road’ at Revival.
Let’s hear it for the AC Ace-Bristol!

Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
agnoraan

Re: Vote for Tim Isles` Ace at Goodwood Revival

Post by agnoraan »

Voted :D
That is one truly nice looking car. I saw it at Goodwood last year and it really did look the part, a lovely, lovely car
Nige

Nige
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Bloody hell, that's lovely. One of the nicest ACs I've ever seen.
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Beautiful, but what's the story of the bodywork? I've not seen one like that before and it has a hint of Maserati about it.

Paul
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

All I can remember is that it was raced in that form in Venezuela, there's a little bit of information HERE about it.
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!