NEC Classic Car Show

Club events that are going on around the world
Paul Blore

NEC Classic Car Show

Post by Paul Blore »

After what has unanimously been agreed was a very successful weekend, I would like to thank and congratulate the main people responsible for the success.

Phil Riley did a fantastic job of designing an outstanding stand on a limited budget and then David Large and Phil turned that into a reality for the show.

Andy Gordon and Gerry & Ronah Hawkridge supplied three stunning cars as the centre pieces of the stand and then helped man the stand for all three days of the show.

Stuart Clarke helped with the build and was also on the stand throughout the show.

We had nearly 40 members visit the stand over the three days and we have already been invited back for next year, which in itself speaks volumes for the quality of our stand for what is a massively oversubscribed show for club space.

Great job everyone.

Paul
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: NEC Classic Car Show

Post by amulheirn »

Thumbs up to that!

Andrew
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

I'd just like to quickly mention Alan Horsfall and Alan Parsons who also made a huge contribution to the construction, setting-up and manning of the stand.

Here are a few pics:

allan horsfall

Post by allan horsfall »

Gentlemen,

I think David and Phil are to be congratulated, as they have probably re-established our right to be there!!
Well done guys.

Allan
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Absolutely!
Considering the small footprint, the stand appeared very big, and the quality of design & construction was first rate.
Excellent Cobras, Excellent company... 8)

BRAVO! :D
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
andyg
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by andyg »

Great weekend had by all.
Congrats to everyone involved and well done to those who managed to attend to support the club.
Hope those doing the breakdown got away ok and everyone had a good journey home - despite the accident on the M42 access roundabout!
Look forward to catching up with everyone soon.
Andy
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

It's just a shame that it's too far away for me.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Migge

Post by Migge »

Dito
Special customized BRA289
Johannes1

Post by Johannes1 »

Hi,
i came only for one day to Birmingham to visit the NEC Classic Car Show. Great show, i liked it much more than the Techno Classica Essen, great cars, friendly people and the higlight was the great desinged stand of the 289 register! Thanks to the guys who make all this possible! It was a pleasure to come in contact with some register memebers and to have some interesting chats with the boys about our Cobras.
all the best
Johannes
Bonn/Germany
db replicas

Post by db replicas »

I wandered around the show until I came across The 289 Register stand, and pretty much stayed there for the rest of the day. :D :D :D
It was good to catch up with some familiar faces, and some I hadn't seen for ages. And meet some new people. :D