T289R Sussex Downs Road Trip - 2018

Club events that are going on around the world
Colin Newbold

T289R Sussex Downs Road Trip - 2018

Post by Colin Newbold »

No, that's not a typo...I'm just forward planning!

Those of you on last year's Essex Road Trip will remember that Tony Mountain put his hand up for this year's 'Roses' trip, and I volunteered for the one after. Despite the fact that the ink is not even dry on Tony's 2017 plans yet, I need to reach out to everyone early...as Tony found out, the best hotels get booked up (mainly for weddings I guess) well ahead of time.

The two weekends I'm gunning for are:
May 11-13 2018
May 18-20 2018
...these avoid the Bank Holiday which is what we've preferred in the past - right?

Those of you interested in joining Nicky and I for the trip, can you please confirm if you have a preference?

I've identified about 6 hotels and checking out value deals with each one right now...

BR,
Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
DavidP
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: T289R Sussex Downs Road Trip - 2018

Post by DavidP »

Colin,
Is it possible to get a few extra details?, start & finish and possible overnight venues?.
Its around about my MOT & service which is done in East Sussex.
Thanks in advance
DavidP
morgy

Post by morgy »

Hi

I may well be up for the trip, But living in Sussex already i would most likely not need a Hotel room, I am also unable to confirm dates that far in advance due to Flying competitions...
Please Keep me in the loop tho...

Mark
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

DavidP wrote:Colin,
Is it possible to get a few extra details?, start & finish and possible overnight venues?.
Its around about my MOT & service which is done in East Sussex.
Thanks in advance
DavidP
Hi David, thanks for your rapid response. On previous trips, we've found that wherever possible we try and locate ourselves in one spot for the duration. Venues being considered are:

Ashdown Park Hotel, East Grinstead
Buxted Park, Ashdown Forest
Cooden Beach Hotel, Pevensey Bay
East Sussex National, Uckfield
Flackley Ash, Rye
Horsted Place, Uckfield
Rye Lodge, Rye

As you can see David, these are all in East Sussex. Arrival in good time for dinner on the Friday evening, departure after breakfast on the Monday morning.

Hope that helps,
Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

morgy wrote:... living in Sussex already i would most likely not need a Hotel room...
Mark
You probably will Mark, as you can see, these are all in East Sussex. Arrival in good time for dinner on the Friday evening, departure after breakfast on the Monday morning. Also, you miss out on so much of the fun by not staying :lol:.

Colin
morgy

Post by morgy »

Well East Susssex is another world over there i'm West Sussex, So might need a room.. :wink:
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

To all Club members potentially interested in this trip...

Paul Blore rang me to remind me that we are limited on Club events to 12 cars. Apparently there are a myriad of rules and regulations applied to events where the number exceeds that figure. On that basis, and given that I've had 5 bookings already, I wouldn't hang around too long :wink:.

Colin
DavidP
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by DavidP »

Colin,
Many thanks indeed, i have sent a PM.
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Seven bookings now, I'm delighted to report :D.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I thought that the 12 car rule did not applying to a touring group. I thought that is specifically for treasure hunts and timed events with an RAC affiliated club.
Worth checking out.
Peter C