T289R Sussex Downs Road Trip - 2018

Club events that are going on around the world
DavidP
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: T289R Sussex Downs Road Trip - 2018

Post by DavidP »

Confirming i'm coming & will be booking hotel tomorrow.......
[limited access to mail & internet!]
COX5012
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by COX5012 »

Hi Colin, I can confirm that I will be coming and booking the hotel this week.
Regards
Vince.
dodger

Post by dodger »

Hi Colin,

Due to family circumstances we will be unable to attend the above trip.

I have sent you an e mail.

Please offer to another member who would like to go.

Regards, Roger
Dodger.

Still looking for the last open road.
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

I'm sorry to read that Roger, I know Nicky was hoping to get to know Paola better, but completely understand.

Thanks for letting me know.

BR,
Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
dodger

Post by dodger »

Hi Colin,

In my previous post I got confused over the year ! ! For some reason I was thinking it was this year.

We are OK for next year, & I have paid the hotel deposit today.

I have e mailed you as well.

Should be a great trip.

Regards, Roger
Dodger.

Still looking for the last open road.
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

That's great news Roger, it will be a pleasure to have you both on the trip.

Final numbers are looking like about 20 cars, I'll publish a definitive list asap. There are still a few of you not registered and paid...you know who you are! Please confirm within the next few days.

Many thanks,
Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

This is a final call for anyone who is a Club member to get on board for next year's road trip. 3 nights’ accommodation at the luxurious Buxted Park Hotel http://www.handpicked.co.uk/buxtedpark from Friday 18th to Monday 21st May. There are 17 cars and couples already booked.

For the Saturday I have set up a wine tour and tasting at an award-winning local vineyard and a light lunch in their superb restaurant. For the Sunday I have organised a trip to a very special country house which houses one of the UK’s most coveted national treasures. It is also home to a purpose-built outdoor kart track which will host a light-hearted and not too serious competition between the girls and the boys (only on track at the same time for the final!). And while we may not be able to offer some of the dark satanic mills and picturesque rolling hills of this year’s Lancashire/Yorkshire borders, there will of course be some scenic routes between these destinations where we can stretch our cars’ legs.

In addition, the whole weekend kicks off with Gerry Hawkridge and his wife Rhona hosting a BBQ at their house and workshop on the Friday evening, plus I’ve organised a really special treat for the Saturday night!

If you are coming, and you haven't already done so, I really need you to contact Kate Russell at the Hotel on 01825 731321 and confirm your attendance with a small deposit.

Thank you,
Colin
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

It's been brought to my attention that I've published conflicting dates for the upcoming road trip...apologies for that.

The trip starts on Friday 11th May and finishes on Monday 14th May.

I'm sure that those of you who've already booked and paid your deposit are clear on these dates but in case there are any others who are still considering joining us, there is one remaining double room available at the time of writing.

Let me know if you need more details.

Regards,
Colin
DavidP
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by DavidP »

Hello,
FYI, the events coordinator at Buxted has changed from Kate to Emma.
It threw me off today........