Goodwood breakfast club dates

Club events that are going on around the world
Colin Newbold

Re: Goodwood breakfast club dates

Post by Colin Newbold »

Ended up seeing no-one! Took my wife's cousin's husband with me, he's Argentinian and speaks hardly any English and my Spanish is pretty non-existent so we spent a lot of the time pretending that we each understood what the other was saying, you know how that works!! Lost count of the number of modern McLaren and Ferraris we saw but I think Carlos reached the limit of his phone's storage capacity. With a Veyron and a Zonda, plus several new NSX's, it was a fun morning :D.

I was touched to hear him say later that the best bit was getting there and back again!
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Softtop Sunday. Just got my GRID pass for 4th June :D . Will take Nicky and meet up with niece, her husband and their 2 boys. On to lunch after. Anyone else going?
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Hi Guys,
Just been to soft top Sunday. A bit disappointed with the variety of cars. Far too many moderns for a start, especially Ferrari's.
Boring!
We did see 5 Cobras but 4 were very clearly replicas.

As a warning to you all for future breakfast club attendance , you will now have to register on line to attend even as a pedestrian. This is because at the super car Sunday they had too many visitors and there were safety concerns.

Peter C
chriskcode

Post by chriskcode »

Grid pass got for the '67 mustang fastback, looking forward to this
Chris
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Chris, is this for the coming Sunday - Classic Cars? If so, I'll try to get there (as a spectator) with your Bob Mannel book...how about 10:30 at the Control Tower? Mark Morgan is also trying to get there. PM me your mobile just in case.
Colin
morgy

Post by morgy »

I will be there Colin... Will Pm you my mobile number.. When you say control Tower you mean the ATC or the Cafe
chriskcode

Post by chriskcode »

Colin Newbold wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:27 am Chris, is this for the coming Sunday - Classic Cars? If so, I'll try to get there (as a spectator) with your Bob Mannel book...how about 10:30 at the Control Tower? Mark Morgan is also trying to get there. PM me your mobile just in case.
Colin
Colin, yes it is this Sunday, great if we can meet, timing is fine by me.
PM on its way.
Chris