T289R Summer Barbecue

Club events that are going on around the world
Paul Blore

T289R Summer Barbecue

Post by Paul Blore »

Dear Members,

Following last year’s successful event, we are proposing to once again host a Summer Barbecue/Hog Roast for all 289 Register members and their partners at our home in rural Leicestershire, just off J20 M1.

We will be holding the barbecue on the Le Mans 24 Hours weekend, which is on Saturday June 17th and we will have a Le Mans theme by way of live coverage of the race along with a selection of suitable films on a big screen. There is a local Travelodge for those of you who would like to stay over, probably with a special rate subject to numbers, or there is plenty of room if anyone fancies camping overnight. We will meet up again on the Sunday morning and go for a drive over some great roads before returning for a barbecue lunch.

This will be a great opportunity to get together purely as a social event and the location is secure, so you can bring your Cobras, Aces etc.
We will need to have some idea of the numbers in order to plan the catering etc. so can we have a show of hands by way of an email to me (chairman@..........) from those who would be interested in attending please. This event will be funded by the club and myself and Selina, apart from alcoholic drinks, so please arrange to bring your own beverage of choice.

Thank you.

Paul and Selina Blore.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: T289R Summer Barbecue

Post by peterc »

Hi Paul,
I don't think that you have mentioned an ETA.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Absolutely!
Will look forward to your missive in due time.
Peter C
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

I'm coming to the BBQ but not staying too late as I'm racing at Rockingham on Sunday (11:25). I believe Paul's planned Sunday route will bring you my way and I'd really appreciate your support. I have a number of free tickets so shouldn't cost you anything and you can get a decent coffee and bacon roll (or even an ice cream!) while you're here.

See you Saturday.

Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
andyg
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by andyg »

Hi All
Just returned home after a fabulous weekend at T289R Summer Bar-b-q hosted fantastically by Paul and Selina.
It was great to catch up with all the old faces and meet a few new ones too. Saturday night was lots of great chat, food, drink and of course cars.
The weather could not have been better - although for me a bit cooler would be nicer!
Sunday saw us enjoy a cross country jaunt to Rutland Water with Paul's directions getting everyone there in one piece but not without the usual one or two wrong turnings taken along the way!
Ice cream by the water then myself and my wife - yes she does exist and I now have some club members to confirm this - headed home, leaving the others to return to Paul and Selina's for a bite of lunch.
Apologiies to those I did not say goodbye to, but hopefully see you once again at Silverstone.

Andy
David Large

Post by David Large »

Denise and I had a great time at Paul and Selina's. Lovely to be with members both old and new Great weather of course too. Thanks to Paul and Selina.

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

What a lovely way to spend a Saturday night: great people, superb cars, lovely food in equally lovely surroundings; thank you to Paul and Selina for their kind hospitality and hard work in putting it together.

If only I didn't ruin it by turning up in a modern - naughty step for me, I'm thinking.

L
Last edited by Marsh on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

Nicky and I (plus the kids) just got home after a fantastic weekend. Many congratulations to Paul and Selina for hosting another great Chairmans BBQ. Its really a great event and all credit to Paul for putting this in place.

Great to see so many cars, old friends and new. Looking forward to catching more at Silverstone.

Dave,
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Yes, it was a great time had by all at Paul & Selina's B-B-Q on both Sat night and Sun morning. Also it was nice to see some new faces.
15 Cobras plus a Cobra Daytona and Sunbeam Tiger made a good display. Appreciative that Paul has a big enough lawn to accommodate that number and more.
Enjoyable tour out to see Rutland Water on Sun morning. Looks like I might get a reputation of adding in a few extra miles to the preferred route.
Managed to get back down to Guildford in time for yet another B-B-Q at 6.00 on Sun night which was a local charity event.
A very agreeable week end.
Peter C
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Ditto everyone's comments and thanks to Paul and Selina. Weirdly, as I was racing down the banked straight the next morning, I thought I saw out of my peripheral vision a bunch of you behind the perimeter fencing. This case of mistaken identity definitely spurred me on...I got two poles, two race wins and two fastest laps! I'm now in contention for the overall championship win. I subsequently learned that no-one visited (why would you want to watch some old fart in a tin top?) but it didnt seem to matter anyway!

See you all at Silverstone.

Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"