The Revival

Club events that are going on around the world
Marsh

The Revival

Post by Marsh »

Dear all

As we're now approaching this year's Revival, I thought I'd ask who will be there on the Friday.

I'm intending to come down early on Thursday afternoon and catch the annual driver's cricket match at Goodwood House, all things being well and then head off for an early dinner at my favoured venue close to the circuit.

I hope to be here in my Cobra, but that's very much in the lap of the gods as we speak, as we're awaiting an engine and gearbox (this week), plus a kind IVA (next week), so that's rather a lot of boxes to tick in the intervening few weeks. Failing that I'll bring my old 911.

I look forward to seeing some of you there.

Lee
427 'side oiler' in 1965 Street trim
chriskcode

Re: The Revival

Post by chriskcode »

Lee, sorry I will miss you as I'm there on Saturday, in my '67 mustang fastback.

Chris
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

Marsh wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:08 pm Dear all

As we're now approaching this year's Revival, I thought I'd ask who will be there on the Friday.

I'm intending to come down early on Thursday afternoon and catch the annual driver's cricket match at Goodwood House, all things being well and then head off for an early dinner at my favoured venue close to the circuit.

I hope to be here in my Cobra, but that's very much in the lap of the gods as we speak, as we're awaiting an engine and gearbox (this week), plus a kind IVA (next week), so that's rather a lot of boxes to tick in the intervening few weeks. Failing that I'll bring my old 911.

Lee
Scrub all that - the gods are not happy with me (or with Dave), so I'll be taking the 911 and the Cobra will hopefully be ready for the road some time in October. The timelines were just a little too tight, but no matter; the best things are worth waiting for, so a few more weeks won't do any harm.
Marsh

Post by Marsh »

I realise this is a very long shot, but does anyone have a spare parking pass for the 'Tax Free' classic car park for the Friday at the Revival?

The GRRC ticket office have advised they have now run out and as I'm bringing a 70's 911, rather than a Cobra, I currently have nowhere to park other than the Public car park, which simply won't do.

I appreciate that in the great scheme of things, it's not really a big problem to have, but it would be great to park with other older cars.

Lee