Classic car meet in Surrey

Club events that are going on around the world
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Classic car meet in Surrey

Post by peterc »

I am trying to gauge the support from members for arranging a Classic car meeting at the ‘Rural Life Center’ near to Tiford in Surrey next year so that I can discuss with the site whether this is solely for us or to piggy back another event.
It appears that we missed an opportunity to attend a Classic car meet there on 17th Sept. Having visited and spoken to the Center yesterday they are keen to promote more events to get the center better known. The center is well worth a visit anyway and will keep you amused for 2-3 hours. They also have a very reasonable cafe.
Suggest that you investigate the 'Rural Life Center' on the web to check location etc and then PM me if you would be interested so I can start liaising with the Center's events manager.
It's approx 11 miles from Guildford so all you guys in Surrey, Hampshire. Berkshire and West Sussex have a look.
If you fancy a run out that way then check what days they are open. If you hate coffee but love beer there is a lovely pub - The Barley Mow that over looks the village green and cricket square only a mile away.
Look forward to hearing from you.
PS if you belong to the AC owners club I would also welcome your contact. The more the merrier.
Peter C
morgy

Re: Classic car meet in Surrey

Post by morgy »

Hi peter..
I might be interested in a drive up as it's only an hour or so away from me and a nice drive up from the coast... I would only attend if the weather plays ball tho..
Bingers
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Bingers »

I am in Grayshott so close and would most definitely be interested to pop along

Ady
Black BRA
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Thanks guys - now I can start a list.
Peter C
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Would like to come but probably still won't have a viable motor, so I'll come in the daily driver. I see their boot fairs start in April - picked up a couple of interesting bits of garage paraphernalia last time I was there: vintage oil can and a dial test indicator, both under a fiver!

http://rural-life.org.uk/html/Events/Car-Boot.html
kenv

Post by kenv »

Proper car won't be done by then, but I could come in the Marcos if weather OK.
Regards
Ken
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Thanks Ken,
Update from this end is that I have emailed the events organiser for the Center to enquire what events she already has arranged that we could join in with. Obviously I am currently awaiting a reply but do know that their annual program is normally published in January. I suspect that right now she will be busy finalising that list
I think it’s realistic that we can’t get sufficient members together to warrant our own dedicated event.
I’ll keep everyone posted on progress and potential dates.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Hi guys one and all.
I haven’t heard back from the Rural Life Center events manageress so intend to go over there sometime.
I know it’s snowing again today but Spring is not far away and salt free roads to look forward to and perhaps some sun.
Can any one who has not yet advised that they are interested contact me either by the forum or a pm so I can feel more more confident in liaising with the RLC.
We only have 5-6 so far which would mean we would need to combine with another event.

Whilst writing can I remind everyone that Cranleigh has its annual classic meet in Aug with circa 2000 cars. Please make a date in your diary 12th Aug ( to be confirmed ) as it was Sun 13th in 2017.
We had over a dozen members cars in 2016 so let’s aim to beat that count after all Colin is getting 20 cars to his East Sussex Tour.
Peter C