ACOC Goodwood Sprint

Club events that are going on around the world
Colin Newbold

ACOC Goodwood Sprint

Post by Colin Newbold »

I shall be pedalling my 1800cc Fiesta Si as hard as I can in the (promised) wet around Goodwood circuit tomorrow, but as Cheng is in my class with his fire-eating monster of a Cob I think the chances of any silverware are very remote! Spectator entry is totally free and you have access all areas. John Coward and Ian Millar usually turn up...anyone else thinking of going?

Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Phil Riley

Re: ACOC Goodwood Sprint

Post by Phil Riley »

Would love to go, but I'm just too far away and even more annoying – have to work :cry:
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Good luck Colin. Somehow I don't think I'll make it either, but remember the hare and the tortoise!
Tomorrow I'll be whacking a wee white ball round the hallowed turf of St Andrews in the promised sunshine. (Who says it always rains in Scotland???)
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Can you send some of that sun down our way please Clive? Hope the wee white ball doesnt spoil a good walk.
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I'll do my best, but I think it's too late for tomorrow.
Cheers, Clive.

clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Come on then Colin, how did you get on?
Cheers, Clive.

Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

First practice timed run was on a very wet Goodwood and I achieved 135 secs (by contrast, as a yardstick, Cheng achieved 114). 2nd run, on just a wet track, I got it down to 130 secs and third run, now only damp, down to 121. How did that compare to others in my class...I honestly don't know! We had a family fireworks do at home that night so I packed up straight after my third run and missed the prize-giving. But I'd be amazed if I was anywhere near the top! Despite the rain though, it was great fun!
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Glad you enjoyed it Colin, but I'm sorry you didn't get the good weather indent you. Hopefully it was dry for your fireworks.
Cheers, Clive.

Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

I notice John has carefully avoided any pictures of my Dagenham Dustbin in his gallery (let alone on the Home Page). Can't think why?