Three Castles Trial

Club events that are going on around the world
Colin Newbold

Three Castles Trial

Post by Colin Newbold »

Only a few days to go now before Stuart Chappell and I tackle this prestigious event which is centered on the seaside town of Llandudno in North Wales.  We'll be in his 1972 MGB GT which, while it wasn't quite ready for the Sussex Downs Road Trip, it certainly is now.

Yours truly will be aiming to vastly improve on my last attempt at Regularity Rallying, Le Jog in 2016.  My navigation skills are now finely honed (he said modestly) and I'm with a much more sympathetic driver.

Rally proper starts on Wednesday morning and features numerous regularity sections each day interspersed with driving tests.  Ends Friday afternoon.  Unlike Le Jog, there's no night-time driving involved.  Over 100 cars are participating in various classes according to engine size and ability.  You can follow the event at www.three-castles.co.uk/2018-trial/.

Nick...if you fancy a trip out on Tuesday afternoon, all of us will be on the Llandudno Promenade from about 4pm until about 6pm.

Wish us luck, and I'll keep you posted as the rally progresses.

Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: Three Castles Trial

Post by amulheirn »

Good luck Colin! Do post photos!
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Do my best Andrew!
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Enjoy the Orme, Colin... It's Great! :lol:
It's my birthday, so won't be able to visit, but I may spot you over the course of the Trial. No Anglesey Circuit action this year, which I could possibly have snuck out for! :?

Have a great time in 'my back yard', and I hope you keep regular! :wink:
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
John H
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by John H »

Good luck Colin.....looks like a great event shame it was not closer I would have popped along!
Built St Piran Hawk289FIA in Scotland!
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Blimey! That was intense! We finished 39th out of 72, so not too bad for relative newbies. Car stayed together very well and Stuart and I enjoyed our time together and we're still good friends!

Made lots of great new acquaintences and so pldased we dit it. Scenery (when we had time to take it in) was stunning and we had Mediterreanian weather throughout.

I'll post a link to some pictures and videos asap.

Colin
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

nikbj68 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:35 am Enjoy the Orme, Colin... It's Great! :lol:
It's my birthday, so won't be able to visit, but I may spot you over the course of the Trial. No Anglesey Circuit action this year, which I could possibly have snuck out for! :?

Have a great time in 'my back yard', and I hope you keep regular! :wink:
It was my driver's birthday too (Wed)...you both lucked out with the weather!
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Here's a link to some random pictures from the event.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t06pwow45dvs ... ThRAa?dl=0

We became very good friends with the Swiss couple in the green BGT. But they were quite experienced and finished 17 overall.

Colin
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Looks like you had brilliant weather. Very envious!