ACOC Annual Sprint - Goodwood - Sat 10th November

Club events that are going on around the world
Colin Newbold

ACOC Annual Sprint - Goodwood - Sat 10th November

Post by Colin Newbold »

One week later than normal. No entry fee for spectators. Absolutely no crowds whatsoever, and the Duke of Richmond's organic burgers. Usually about 60 cars, including Jags, Beemers, Cooper 500s and a Kirkham :D Only problem is it clashes with the NEC Show this year.

What's not to like?!

Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: ACOC Annual Sprint - Goodwood - Sat 10th November

Post by nikbj68 »

Have a good one, Colin, show those Jags and Beemers a clean pair of heels!
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Will do Nik! Planning to see you and Stewbie the day before anyway... got tickets for the NEC Show. :lol:
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

Managed to squeeze your announcement into the newsletter Colin, but there was a bit of a delay going to print, so members may only get to read about it after the event, unfortunately. Good luck and I hope to see you at the NEC.
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

:lol:
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

2nd in Class, second only to Cheng Lim's fire-eating, nostrils flared beast of a Cobra. God knows what the bhp and torque figures are, but you can still hear it in the paddock as it goes through St Marys!! So I'll take 2nd, thank you very much.

Apart from the very damp track, which killed everyone's practice times, The Kirkham fuel tank let me down. Ever since my friends at AJ Barnard & Sons fished out the broken baffle, low fuel levels cause starvation on severe cornering as the fuel slushes to the opposite side and away from the fuel pick-up. I anticipated this, but it was trial and error to get sufficient fuel in the tank not to cause surge and yet not too much that it would slow me down.

Looking back now, I believe this was also the cause of the 'bogging down' in the Hero One-day Challenge, where Henry Beven and I lost time on the driving tests.

Didnt get the fuel level right until the second competitive (timed) run, by which time the circuit was again awash with heavy rain. Bugger! Only one thing for it...I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a proper racing tank built, complete with safety foam etc. On that note (and I'll set up a separate thread in the Technical section), can anyone supply me with a schematic drawing of how I can install twin fuel pumps (I'm assuming one picking up from either side of the tank) that then together feed a catch tank/swirl pot (not sure what the correct terminology is) that then provides constant fuel to the carburettor? Is this going to require a third pump that draws from the catch tank? Or is there some other way to fill the catch tank from either side of the tank - will gravity be enough? I know some of the racing Cobras have this kind of set up, so any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,
Colin
Last edited by Colin Newbold on Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

2nd to Cheng is a great result, well done!
Hope you get the tank sorted, nothing to hold you back next season!
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!