Silverstone Classic 2019

Club events that are going on around the world
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Silverstone Classic 2019

Post by clive »

Sun's just coming up and I'm on my way! See you all later. Safe journey all. :D 8)
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Keith56
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by Keith56 »

Hi Classic goers! Home safe and sound without the aid of the recovery services! Thanks to all at the Classic who made it such a great weekend despite the weather and made this 'newbie' feel so at home. Hope you all got home without mishap and look forward to meeting up again at some event in the not too distant future.
Cheers!

Keith
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Home safe and well here too. Another 1,000 miles on the clock after a somewhat eventful run north. Drizzle, followed by torrential rain at Nottingham, sunshine at Leeds and thick fog outside Edinburgh.The T car is now back in the garage dripping from various holes under the body after last night's heavy rain. Good to see you all again and looking forward to the Scottish Road Trip in a few months time.
Cheers, Clive.

StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Back home too, 2 1/2 hrs of torrential rain with thunder like Clive there's a few moist patches!
Thanks to everyone for making it an enjoyable weekend and hope you all get home safely!
Until the next time!
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Thanks to all for your company and many thanks to those behind the scenes responsible for organising the extras like coffee and biscuits.
I think the camaraderie shows why the club is expanding. To now be over 200 members is quite a milestone.
The topics of conversion at Sat evening meal were interesting and made a nice change from the usual political rubbish in our daily lives.
Drizzle for 50% of the way home then the sun came out to help dry the hood. Towels behind the seats prevented the carpets getting soaked.
Now drying out and getting ready for a tour in Wales with the CRC next Week end. Hope the weather doesn’t repeat the last 48hrs.
Peter C
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Got home safely, without any issues, but couldn't say it was an enjoyable ride as the rain was horrendous for the first three hours. Then, all of a sudden the sun came out, so I stopped, took off the side screens and had an enjoyable last hour to get home. What I found so nice about this club, is that although the weather was very inclement, it didnt dampen anyones enthusiasm. It was good to meet up with everyone again and I'm already looking forward to next year. Thanks have to go to the committee and the members that helped to make this such a good event
Nige
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Can I ask the powers at be to change the colour of next year's rally plaque as red is becoming a bit repetitive!

Cheers, Clive.

allan horsfall

Post by allan horsfall »

Hi Guys,

Clive just reminded me that as I was only there for the Friday I didnt get a plaque at all l!!!

Allan
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

You only deserve half a plaque for that Allan! I'm sure John Housego will be able to post you one if you ask nicely.
Cheers, Clive.

Jerryedmans
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Jerryedmans »

A great weekend and my thanks to those organising who made it possible and for the warmth and friendship of those who came. Cheers. Jerry