NEC CLASSIC CAR SHOW

Club events that are going on around the world
kaiserbilly1

NEC CLASSIC CAR SHOW

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Attached are a few photos from the NEC weekend.
Our stand came runner up in the Classic & Sports Car magazines awards for best small club stand, not bad for a first effort :D :D :D :D :D :D
I will be doing a full article for the news letter, however I'd like to thank everone who helped to build the stand, man it over the weekend, and display their cars :wink:
A thanks also to Gerry & team, plus Dudley at Talon Sports Cars for all there support too :wink:
Without all of you this would have not been possible, so once again a big thanks from me.

A couple of shots prior to build !!

And some of the finished stand which looked great !!!!!

Bill
Last edited by kaiserbilly1 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: NEC CLASSIC CAR SHOW

Post by StewbieC »

Well done, a credit to all involved. It was good to meet Roger and Bill too. Thanks for your time and the info and advice that you gave me.

Stuart :D
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

And here are some of the fine body of men involved !!!

Smile Mike :(
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

I speak for all those there, if not the entire club, in thanking Bill for the massive amount of hard work he put into this.
Coming as I do from a strictly 'classic car' background, and with no experience at all of the kit car world, I can say that this show is huge - certainly the biggest classic car event in Britain, maybe Europe. To mix with clubs that have been established for decades, some approaching ten, composed of serious dyed-in-the-wool enthusiasts who have virtually worshipped their chosen marque for most of their lives (I know - I have been an active member of at least 15 of them), and to hold our own in the way that we did in this company is no mean achievement by anyone's standards.
None of this would have happened without Bill's hard work and planning. Congratulations to him for such a successful outcome, with several potential new members recruited and some signing up on the day - and an honourable mention at the awards ceremony on Saturday evening.

Roger

I was hoping to post a pic or two of my own - but the lighting in the hall was so dreadful that mine are all blurred. I hope some of the more professional photographers amongst us can post some, and email decent photos to others if possible.
David Large

Post by David Large »

The dismantled stand is now back in storage at our premises in Birmingham; ready for next years team to take over. A very good weekend had by one and all.

Regards

David Large
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
Wynterburne

Post by Wynterburne »

I can only add my thanks to Bill for his immense enthusiasm and persistence in making The 289 Register stand so successful. For those who saw Bill's model of the pit garage at Silverstone, all folded paper and sellotape, it was hard to believe what it transformed into. In fact, at 9.00 on Thursday morning I couldn't believe that pile of wood could transform into anything and nor did the boys on the stand opposite!!

The club are extremely fortunate in having Bill in charge of Events and as the man himself would put it, "I say, good show"

Regarding photo's, like a few other people, the ones I took are pretty blurred but if you do have good photo's of the stand or the event in general, please send them to me and I will create a set for the Gallery. stubberfields@btinternet.com

Richard
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Just out of interest, some of my mates on the Mustang stand (near us, sharing with the Corvette Club - who's idea was that? WW3 look out...) have posted very complimentary remarks on the Mustang forum about our stand - 'cracking good stand', 'loved the pitlane', 'lots of good work went into that' etc.

Nice to know others appreciated our efforts.

Roger
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

I echo the sentiments of other writers - it was a credit to all those who made it possible. Who'd have thought that a casual chuck-away remark over a beer with Bill somewhere in France a year ago would have come together quite so well. Special thanks go to:
- Bill for bringing the vision to life and co-ordinating the whole project
- Paul Daniels (aka the late Red 5) for the woodwork and basic structure
- David Large for the storage and logisitcs (and Denise his wife for the wallpapering!)
- Peter, Phil and Richard - part of the construction crew
- Gerry for the loan of a car and period accessories
- John Coward for the loan of his car
- Roger for the loan of his car
- David Benson, whose Hawk Ace became a central attraction and will probably generate a sale or two
- and the countless other volunteers (Trevor, Graham, Alan and anyone else I've forgotten) who manned the stand.

Runner up best small club stand first time around is a bloody good result - we are firmly on the map!

Here's a few more shots for the album....

Colin

"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
David Large

Post by David Large »

Don't forget the high quality world class white picket fencing too!

Cheers
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
Hawk289
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Hawk289 »

Everyone who was involved, well done. I'm sorry I could not bring the Ac Aceca, but you would not believe the trouble I had, anyway great stand!!

John