Welsh Tour

Club events that are going on around the world
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Welsh Tour

Post by peterc »

Is anyone interested in participating in another tour at Llanerchindnna Farm in mid Wales in 2024. We have been there twice before and everyone seemed to be very positive about repeating. The hosts really do their level best to make the stay enjoyable.
If there is the demand I will contact the farm for options.
We were originally offered early Sept dates similar to previous tours but no one came forward so I didn’t reserve it.
Please let me know if you want to attend.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Welsh Tour

Post by peterc »

I have just had the farm confirm that we still have Monday Sept 9th to Friday 13th in 2024 reserved for the 289 Register.
No prices quoted for 2024 yet but 2023 prices as a guide are as follows.
£310 for 3 nights and £415 for 4 nights. There will of course be a small percentage increase in those prices for next year.
Remember this includes bed, breakfast and evening meal plus tea and cakes daily upon returning from each tour.
In the first instance please email as soon as you can to advise you wish to participate. If we can get a group together I will confirm to the farm we want to keep the dates.
Following that you will need to book direct with the farm.
At that time I will confirm the farms contact details.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Updated details for our Welsh Tour next year. Taking place Monday Sept 9th through till Friday Sept 13th 2024.
There is an option of 3 or 4 nights.
Three nights which includes bed, breakfast, afternoon tea/cakes, and a substantial evening meal together with a Road book and map for both Tues and Wed is £340 per person.
An extra night will be £57 per person. If you want an extra road book for Thurs it will be £15.
Personally I will elect to do my own thing on Thurs.
At present there is no evening meal arranged for Thurs night. This is because the catering team don’t get back to the farm from buying the next weeks food until after 5.00pm making the preparation of a three course meal very difficult.
Nearer the time when we know how many of us are staying the forth night we will liaise with the farm on what food they can offer. E.g. a fish and chip take away was suggested which they would bring back to the farm for us. I think last year they did manage to provide a farm created meal.
We could of course arrange to eat some where else like a pub.
They are reserving 13 rooms till the end of the year and then will allow them to be open to others to book on first come first served basis.
So please phone the farm and book your room ASAP and also let me know you have done so with your details. My email address is pr.coombes@gmail.com
The farms contact details are
01550 750274.
Address is Llanerchindnna Farm Guest House ,
Cynghordy,
Llandovery,
SA20 0NB
Web page
Www.cambrianway.com
We will look forward to you joining us.
Almost forgot to say that whilst they will want your credit card number they do not take any payment until the stay.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Reminder,
If you want to participate in our Welsh tour in Sept you need to reserve your room NOW.
The farm had up till now reserved all the rooms for us but from the 1st Jan the reservation will lapse and they will open the rooms up to all takers.
To date we only have three cars booked in!
So look lively guys and girls and get booking.
Reminder no money is taken at this stage.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

I have just heard from the Farm regarding our tour in Sept. Because we only have four rooms booked so far they will be releasing some of those reserved to other clients.
BOOK NOW OR IT WILL BE TOO LATE.
Peter C
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Latest info from the farm as follows.
We have had a few more bookings for the trip and now have 8 rooms confirmed this still leaves 1 twin in the guest house and then 2 rooms in the cottage if you have any further interest.

I am also in the process of planning this years routes, please find attached a pdf of the proposed routes, the green route includes a trip over the Epynt ranges to a Erwood and Builth Wells before a loop through the Elan Valley and back up the Devils Staircase and down the Llyn Brianne Reservoir a total of 110 mile, the red route includes a visit to the new Museum of Land Speed at Pendine and is 110 miles, I know these are both long routes but they both drive very nicely, if you have any comments or suggestions please let me know.

We have driven through the Elan Valley before but I will check what else we did before/after that on previous tours.
Welsh tour routes Cobra 289 Register.pdf
(5.92 MiB) Downloaded 86 times
Peter C