Hawk Stratos

Club events that are going on around the world
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Hawk Stratos

Post by clive »

I heard a rumour that Top Gear are featuring the Hawk Stratos this Sunday. I wonder if the Stig will get his hands on it? :D
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Roger King

Re: Hawk Stratos

Post by Roger King »

There's definitely a Stratos in the trailer.
Be good if it's a Transformer - sorry, Hawk. Gerry's Stratos is more 'original' than his Cobras.
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Been speaking to the Stratos Enthusiasts recently, it is one of Gerry's cars in Alitalia colours I'm told and the Stig will be driving it 8)
I think Gerry may be in the studio too :wink:
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

When I went to Gerry's to place the order for my Hawk. He was on the phone to Top Gear!

Post by Colin Newbold »

Whilst the Stratos feature broadcast earlier was a little offensive, it was nevertheless not unexpected. Gerry has asked us to write in complaint, and that I have done with two of the contacts I have, but I can't help feeling that this route might result in even more humiliation (witness the Marina and falling pianos).

I reckon there might be a better way for Gerry to get even, but I can't think of one right now.

Any ideas?

Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

OCD wrote:Whilst the Stratos feature broadcast earlier was a little offensive, it was nevertheless not unexpected.
I reckon there might be a better way for Gerry to get even, but I can't think of one right now.
Any ideas?
Colin
A lot of infuriating issues with Clarkson`s bias against 'KitCars', All happily climbing into the original, whilst making such a fist of getting into the HF, as if to imply that the fault lay with it being a replica, but there was no rollcage in the red road car, and what idiot leans on a framelss window to get in/out? Criticising the 'brake pitching' on the powerlap... it`s a(replica of a 30 year old!) Rally car, not a trackster, with mucho suspension travel, of course it will squat more than a Ferrari!!! An original would have done the same, but he`d surely have loved that!
Having read the Strat Builders` perspective on the Stratos Forum, it`s clear how hard Top Gear worked to slant their feature...
Anyway, I could rant on, but no need to 'preach to the converted'. :oops:

I think the likelihood of anyone agreeing to this is PRETTY slim, but Gerry`s best form of defence is to gather a DOZEN well sorted examples of ALL of his variants (will a dozen cover it?) for a 'response' piece to show the true quality of HAWK CARS.
Compare a Hawk Ace, 289 & his new 427, a Kirkham 289 & 427 and an original Ace, 289 & 427 maybe?
I know it will never happen, but it would be nice to see T.G. redress the balance in this way and try to undo the damage they have done not just to Gerry & Hawk, but the entire Replica ( or should that still be 'Kit Car'?) industry.
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Hawk289FIA

Post by Hawk289FIA »

I too watched TG as a usually avid fan and was delighted when the Hawk Stratos was first mentioned. Settling down into the sofa thinking "I'm in for a treat tonight" having been a fan of the original and now a confirmed advocate of Gerry's technical skills.

I'm still reeling from the shock. I only hope that the sort of person who thinks of buying a kit-car in the first place (and particularly one as niche as a Stratos replica), is the sort who does their research independently and would know the reputation for quality that Hawk stands for. For those that matter (commercially to Gerry and others affected by last night), I would have thought TG is an irrelevance. To those that don't, it was just a piece of (cheap) entertainment, albeit at the expense of someone else's pride and joy.

I tend to agree with Colin. The more fuss that is kicked up, the more will be made of the issue...."me thinks the lady doth protest too much." Little consolation to those affected, I know.

Marcus
Marcus "I've got a Hawk and I can't stop grinning"
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

You only have to remember that the same bunch of tw*ts got a lawsuit from the owners of the Le Mans-winning C-type which they managed to wreck, courtesy of their 'tame racing driver', ho ho.
Phil Riley

Post by Phil Riley »

Here's one car Top Gear decided not to show. Maybe it's because it broke all top gear lap records. And yes, it's a kit car.

http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet? ... dAz2sbUm3E