New to the Regiser

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
Old Boy Racer

Re: New to the Regiser

Post by Old Boy Racer »

Interesting that stuff about BRAs seems to be popping up from all over at the moment whereas most attention has been on Hawks and Kirkhams. Since they are all 25-30 years old they are classics in their own right now as well as being 289 replicas. Are Messrs Berry and Ibbotson still around do you know? Would be interesting to talk to them and might even make a good article for the mag.

No real idea what number mine is. I did make contact with the guy who built it (traded for an E-type) and he claimed it is one of the first 3 to have V8s fitted after the initial batch with all MGB running gear. Gerry Hawkridge had a red one I think that ended up in the US. I don't have anything saying what number mine is although it did have the round tunnel (now replaced), earlier bulkhead and no side vents so it is an early one of some sort. I had a bit of paperwork with it including a couple of tax discs saying AC Cobra even thought it's registered as a BRA!!! Things were somewhat more lax then I think.

Good to see another one making an appearance.

Cheers

Robin
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

It is still possible, or was until November when they did away with them, to have AC on your tax disc. :wink:

Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Migge

Post by Migge »

Yes,

all that BRAs etc. Found this on the web:

https://www.google.nl/search?q=east+ang ... B800%3B449

Clive, that should be a KD (not many built), and because you are searching for new members, he may is one to hunt after?

The German club made an interesting magazine/book 2 years ago. Each member was asked to send in max. 6 pics (front, rear, sides, cockpit, engine bay and some data if the member want) of their Cobra and I guess 150 or so (from 300+ members) made it. It was sold to the members for (can't remember) 15,- BP or so.
For T289R we could do the same to have an interesting magazine that gives some information (pics) on all the cars in the club. Hello Phil???
Special customized BRA289