New to the Regiser

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
lozash

New to the Regiser

Post by lozash »

Hi I'm new to the register, I'm building a Hawk 289 Fia and at present waiting for the body/chassis to be completed.
I have decided to fit an MGB rear axle, Triumph front brakes and a 4.0 ltr 225bhp Rover V8.
I am keen to receive advice and feedback on my posts, Here are few pictures of the build so far.
I am going down the Stuart Warner gauge route, can anyone tell me if these can be used on the sva dash.
Regards Laurie
Unable to add the pictures at the moment (files too large?]
Roger King

Re: New to the Regiser

Post by Roger King »

Hello Laurie, and welcome!

Pics ESSENTIAL. The forum is strange for direct posts of pics, it's far better to you use a separate host site like Photobucket (free).
Look forward to seeing it!

Roger
lozash

Post by lozash »

Hi Roger, thanks for the information, I will try to use photo bucket.
Regard Laurie
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

Hi Laurie,

Welcome to the club. You'll find no shortage of help and advice on here. :)

Regards,
Paul
lozash

Post by lozash »

Roger King wrote:Hello Laurie, and welcome!

Pics ESSENTIAL. The forum is strange for direct posts of pics, it's far better to you use a separate host site like Photobucket (free).
Look forward to seeing it!

Roger
Hi thanks Roger I am currently creating a Photo bucket account, I presume that I copy paste a link onto the site?
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Dead easy. On photobucket, upload a photo (just drag it into the frame), then click on that photo. There's a list of 'links' at the right - I choose the bottom one, think it's called 'direct' - just click on the link and it'll fade with 'copied' showing. Then just paste in your post.
Last edited by Roger King on Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CobStang

Post by CobStang »

Welcome
I wonder what transmission you are considering ? I can tell you that a Rover with the kind of power you have mated to an LT77 5 speed trans with 3.07 rear axle gears is a very nice combo.

If you use the std 3.909 rear gears you will find 1st gear much too short, I had this combo and never used 1st gear.

I think your gauges should be fine just pay attention to switch protrusions on your dash.
Early B.R.A. Warmed 3.9 Rover, 5 sp, 3.07 rear, Fully adjustable front suspension with AVO coilovers, 4 link rear suspension AVO coilovers and Panhard bar, Big 2 pot front calipers, rear discs, servo'd, adjustable front / rear bias, scruffy paint job !
lozash

Post by lozash »

Roger King wrote:Dead easy. On photobucket, upload a photo (just drag it into the frame), then click on that photo. There's a list of 'links' at the right - I choose the bottom one, think it's called 'direct' - just click on the link and it'll fade with 'copied' showing. Then just paste in your post.
Thanks Roger, hope the link I've added works.
lozash

Post by lozash »

CobStang wrote:Welcome
I wonder what transmission you are considering ? I can tell you that a Rover with the kind of power you have mated to an LT77 5 speed trans with 3.07 rear axle gears is a very nice combo.

If you use the std 3.909 rear gears you will find 1st gear much too short, I had this combo and never used 1st gear.

I think your gauges should be fine just pay attention to switch protrusions on your dash.
Hi, the back axle is from an MGB GT, and the Lt77 from an SD1 not sure what ratio but I have been told the GT is lower geared than the standard B but not sure of the ratio, Regards Laurie
lozash

Post by lozash »

Hi again, still getting used to photobucket, not sure what link to use ? here's another Pot Luck at the moment :lol: <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/Lauri ... "></iframe>