Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
Paul Blore

Re: Lucas L542 dual bulb conversion

Post by Paul Blore »

Hi Peter,

It's a standard 3-blade connection relay so it should plug straight in.

The payment is all done online, but I just need to sort out the extra discount for the initial group of orders" :)

Regards,
Paul
nicho

Post by nicho »

Thank you Paul ,send me through the payment details so we can get the ball rolling.

Nick
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

I installed one of the rear lights last night on my car and took some pictures comparing it to the existing original rear light. It is difficult to get a good representation on a photo as anything vaguely bright just turns white, but the new lights are much brighter.

This is the original rear light using the two filament bulb:

This is with the new LED unit fitted and shows the tail light illuminated. Notice that the tail light has moved to the lower half behind the reflector:

This shows the tail light and indicator illuminated. You can see that it is very clearly yellow:

Regards,
Paul
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Paul, these look very good indeed - but why change the orientation? Would it be possible to get the tail/brake light behind the upper section, and use the lower for indicator?
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

We tried that first Roger, but putting the yellow indicator in the upper half gave a much better result. The red reflector lens had much more of an attenuating effect on the yellow light, whereas the red brake and tail lights were much less effected.

Paul
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

I admire your tenacity and perseverance in pursuing this project to a successful outcome Paul, well done mate! You are truly an innovator and a creator :lol: !

Now that those behind you (i.e. most of us) will be blinded by your new heightened sense of flashing, can I respectfully request that you seriously consider investing in an audible reminder to compensate for your (frequent) lack of self-cancelling:

http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/product/audible-warning-buzzer/

Selina will complain at first, its very irritating at standstill, but ultimately (like Nicky) she will come to love you for it :wink: ! And who knows, it could save both of your lives :D !

Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

I've recently discovered that you can get a replacement indicator relay that also buzzes, so I'm intending to fit one of those. :)

Paul
Colin Newbold

Post by Colin Newbold »

Nice one :D
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
David Large

Post by David Large »

OCD wrote:I admire your tenacity and perseverance in pursuing this project to a successful outcome Paul, well done mate! You are truly an innovator and a creator :lol: !

Now that those behind you (i.e. most of us) will be blinded by your new heightened sense of flashing, can I respectfully request that you seriously consider investing in an audible reminder to compensate for your (frequent) lack of self-cancelling:

Selina will complain at first, its very irritating at standstill, but ultimately (like Nicky) she will come to love you for it :wink: ! And who knows, it could save both of your lives :D !

Colin

I have got a walkie talkie at home that was supposed to save my life.......................mind you I think I am still alive so maybe it works!
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

David Large wrote:
OCD wrote:I admire your tenacity and perseverance in pursuing this project to a successful outcome Paul, well done mate! You are truly an innovator and a creator :lol: !

Colin

I have got a walkie talkie at home that was supposed to save my life.......................mind you I think I am still alive so maybe it works!
Funny, I've got one of those too... also still alive so very impressed.