Lift the dot positions

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
Homewood
T289R Member
T289R Member

Lift the dot positions

Post by Homewood »

Hi can anyone supply me with a template on where to drill holes for the rear hood ? I found a guy called Clive who used to work with polyfacto now monsoon car hoods who will make me one but wants me to put the posts in as Gerry s had positions whereas a BRA 289 does not. He also want keen on doi g the sidescreens so i will undertake they are not like gerrys but more like the real ones i believe.
$_3 (7).JPG
$_3 (7).JPG
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin Newbold

Re: Lift the dot positions

Post by Colin Newbold »

If I were you I'd make your own... just do one side using a flip chart page, make your own arc using photos of originals and remembering there are 8 each side of the filler cap. Once you've marked the positions just flip the paper over and do the same on the other side. The distance between each seems to grow progressively smaller until the 3 nearest the door are pretty close together. I'm assuming you don't have a hood or tonneau to get the basic arc correct?

Roger will doubtless be more precise and have you checked the wiki?

Cheers
Colin
"How you see yourself is all very well, but it's how others see you that will determine the results you get as a leader!"
Migge

Post by Migge »

I found this on the net and used it for my TENAX :D not Lift the dot.

Special customized BRA289
Migge

Post by Migge »

Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

That is the information I used for my car, but they're from a 427 and I don't know if they're any different to a 289.

Paul
Homewood
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Homewood »

Thanks the 427 may well be different....
Migge

Post by Migge »

Cockpit dimension are similar as far as I know. And that's the CL point front where you are going from. Colin or Roger can check with Paul and their Kirhams.
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

Would it not be easier to wait until the tonneau arrives, made to Hawk spec, and mark the holes accordingly?
I`m hoping that the holes in my FiA correspond to the tonneau I`ve just purchased, but I know already that the 2 central dash ones are wrong!
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
Homewood
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Homewood »

I am having everything made by a trimmer on may 15th.

I also need to know how to cut the top rail of the side screen does it fit behind the hood header rail or inside it some pictures may help me please.

I think I can work out the rear lift the dots from the above unless someone has a better idea how in a 289.

Thanks
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Have you thought of asking Gerry for dimensions. A bit cheeky I know but he just might oblige.
I would be happy to measure my tonneau but Polyfacto complained that I had not followed Gerry's positions accurately enough.
Peter C