Side screen drainage

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
Roger King

Re: Side screen drainage

Post by Roger King »

My sidescreens have never leaked in all the years I've been driving Hawks/Cobras/Kirkhams/whatevers. They live happily in their elasticated envelope behind the seats and have never seen the doortops. Why would they? I have always enjoyed the 'wet elbow', it adds a certain panache to one's sartorial ensemble.*

*yes Paul, just a couple of glasses.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

All I can say Roger is that you have obviously not driven around Manchester on the M60 in torrential rain, dodging trucks. It was just short of pretending to be a submarine.
Peter C
Homewood
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Homewood »

Well for this drive wipers were going on the outside but I had to constantly wipe the inside to see, no chance of a wet elbow, everything was wet !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Homewood on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

I've driven up the E45 from Stuttgart to Hanover in a torrential downpour without them and yes, one gets a little.... moist
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

My problem was rain on the outside and inside of the 'screen, and on the outside and inside of specs. At several points a halt was required simply due to complete lack of visibility. Come to think of it, we didn't have the hood up either. I'm not a fan of Cobras with a roof/hood, seems to completely miss the point in my opinion (for what that's worth). We kept a golf brolly behind the seats for traffic lights and roadworks. Seemed to amuse the locals.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Roger
I totally agree on the hood up being detrimental to ones enjoyment. It not only keeps the noise in but is claustrophobic, however getting wet is not enjoyable for me either and I prefer not to have to dry out the carpets.
Begs the question though of why you went to the trouble and cost of getting the hood and sidescreen made.

We only get water on the inside of the screen when travelling without the side screens so they do have a use. The use of a brolly is OK so long as there are not too many traffic lights.
Peter C
Homewood
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Homewood »

Hood done ok but sidescreens going back to do better....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.