RV8 rebuilders.....

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
DavidP
T289R Member
T289R Member

RV8 rebuilders.....

Post by DavidP »

So gentlemen,
in the quest of having taken on a mongrel i am trying to "do the right thing by it" and then next step is an engine rebuild. I intend to keep the current/original~? engine but it does need some serious work.
Any recommendations who i can talk to in-order to get a balanced view?...
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: RV8 rebuilders.....

Post by nikbj68 »

Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
CobStang

Post by CobStang »

I have recently spoken with these people as I am rebuilding one of their engines that was rebuilt a time ago. Despite me not being the original customer of the engine in question the Gentleman I spoke with was very helpful and gave me a lot of his time. I believe that they only offer a first class product.
https://www.turnerengineering.co.uk/
Early B.R.A. Warmed 3.9 Rover, 5 sp, 3.07 rear, Fully adjustable front suspension with AVO coilovers, 4 link rear suspension AVO coilovers and Panhard bar, Big 2 pot front calipers, rear discs, servo'd, adjustable front / rear bias, scruffy paint job !
DavidP
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by DavidP »

Gentlemen,
The name rpi engineers also came up.
Thank you very much indeed - i will contact all.
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by DavidP »

Gentlemen,
Again a very very big thank you and i will follow up every recommendation.

It is my intention to "keep" as much of the original as possible - rebuild is planned for oct this year. I'm trying to gauge how much and who could do certain bits [read anything from complete through to minor bits..] and whilst i trust my mechanic he took a large "sucked" intake of air and said its 6-8K. If they are outsourcing or need to i would like to have a massive back up plan.

That being said we've just re done all of the suspension [for mot], not sure that i can feel the 25lb difference in the front springs [fitted 500lb but on removal 475lb was seen] - still adjusting the spax.

So only the body work and wiring after the engine!!!! - oh and windscreen as its now got moisture ingress.............

anyway - i still get enormous pleasure from it and a massive grin factor every-time i am out in it......
SJ
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by SJ »

I will second Jim Robinson of JRV8.