Fuel gauge inaccuracy

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
Roger King

Re: Fuel gauge inaccuracy

Post by Roger King »

peterc wrote:I have never noticed any fuel gauge surge on corners but then I am probably too busy driving.
Or, along with all your LEDs, you probably have a voltage regulator, which I don't.
monster7

Post by monster7 »

Peter, what type of sender do you use?
I use the "tube style" which i feel is a little bit more accurate than the one with the floater, especially in less baffled tanks...
Kind regards, Ronald
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Paul Blore wrote:
Roger King wrote:
peterc wrote:I have never noticed any fuel gauge surge on corners but then I am probably too busy driving.
Or, along with all your LEDs, you probably have a voltage regulator, which I don't.
A voltage regulator isn't going to prevent fuel surge is it? :)
I think what I meant to say was a gauge with a damped needle, the slow-moving type. Usually seen in cars with VRs, hence my comment.
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

My sender has the basic arm with a float and was adjusted in length to suit the depth of the tank. Obviously it can only accommodate a certain depth so it's possible that it runs out of downward movement and hence my query on lack of change in ohms near to the empty condition.
I don't fancy taking the tank out so the default condition will be to stay as current set up unless the little electronic box can offer an improvement.
Peter C
Cobra98

Post by Cobra98 »

Hi
I haven't tried this but may be of some interest
https://sites.google.com/site/shannonpo ... fuel-gauge
Regards
Mike