IVA: Labelling switches and telltales

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: IVA: Labelling switches and telltales

Post by StewbieC »

It seems like the testers are guiding us down the route of rocker switches (which have the legends embossed on them). Nice available spot between the dash and transmission tunnel for that ;). I appreciate its a bit late for you Kev. Those metal tags should be fine if he isn't happy with stick on ones.
I had the CBS sheet for my IVA.

Post by allan horsfall »

I fitted the period correct type switches, which are engraved. Found on E-Bay, normally under Aston Martin swithches?
If positioned within the IVA specified distance from the side of the steering wheel, the amount they stick out is not a problem.
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

So, thanks to the above posts, I think my dashboard is now (almost) IVA compliant.....but still needs a little tidying ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Looks good Kevin. Did you make the under-dash pod? I had considered trying to make one myself but found another solution in the end.
Andy
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

Thanks Andy - the under-dash binnacle is an optional Crendon item.
KevinW
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by KevinW »

Just aa follow-up to show the toggle switch protectors i made as Gillingham inspector unhappy at original presentation. This was deemed 'good'. Made from thread and tube from B&Q and using a plumbers tube bender. The CBS solutin was non-compliant as the flick switches were still proud of the 'protector'.

Inspector also commented that reverse light tell tale with white LED was 'fine', but should officially fail at MOT as apparently the switch is meant to come from the gearbox, but most MoT testers won't know this (or, I would suggest, be bothered). The Ford toploader has no such reverse light facility on the actual gearbox.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.