Radiator Removal on a Dax 427

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
BilltheBairn

Radiator Removal on a Dax 427

Post by BilltheBairn »

The 19 year old radiator on my 427 has sprung a leak somewhere around the bottom outlet pipe. I have started prepping the area by removing both hoses and the fans/supports. I will be tackling removal this weekend and having read the DAX build manual, it appears the radiator needs to be removed from below it's seating mount. I have a trolley jack & axle stands, but the radiator is huge and I don't think there will be enough clearance underneath to remove the 'beast'. Does anyone have any helpful information ?? I intend to replace with a custom built aluminium unit. Is this a sensible decision ? Thanks Bill
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: Radiator Removal on a Dax 427

Post by StewbieC »

Morning Bill,
I'd get in touch with Jon Kox at JK sports cars. I'm sure he could advise if the Rad can be replaced with the body on (most cars can and I'm sure it should be possible). https://www.jksportscars.co.uk
He distributes spares for Dax's now..... post@jksportscars.co.uk a Dax rad is £390 inc vat.
You could get a custom alloy rad made but sometimes it's just as easy to replace with a manufacturers original, especially if you've had no issues with engine temp. There's the old Brummy saying "if it ain't Bost don't fix it".
Good luck!