Anti - roll bar

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
phlip99
T289R Member
T289R Member

Anti - roll bar

Post by phlip99 »

OK, so I'm not very observant but, having bought the car at the back end of last year, I've only recently noticed something is missing - the front anti-roll bar!!

I'm intending, as a winter project, to fit Gerry's uprated tubular coil over front suspension kit.

I'm guessing that the standard ARB links are re-fitted but as I don't have them I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Also - Gerry's price list has ARBs listed, either 3/4" or 5/8" but only the bar.

Am I right in thinking that the 3/4" bar is for competition? What do others fit??

Any photos of the ARB fitment would be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Phil.
IMG_20230909_172922771_HDR.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StuBaker

Re: Anti - roll bar

Post by StuBaker »

I think it's one of those 'it depends ' questions.
I believe if you have a Ford engine then the bigger roll bar is desirable.
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

Drop links for the anti-roll bar are included in Gerrys upgrade kit. The kits aren't always in stock so you will need to get your order in.
Go with the 5/8 bar. You will need to purchase bushes and mount clamps (standard MGB) for the bar. Bushes obviously for 5/8".
Poly Bush in Wrexham can help you will need to order two sets of Spring pan wishbone top hat bushes for MGB too for the double wishbone on the upgrade kit. You might want to replace the seals and bushes on your stub axle trunnions too.
Keith56
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by Keith56 »

I'd agree with Stu, I recently upgraded mine from std MGB to 5/8" and it's made a big difference. Don't forget, the higher the front roll stiffness the more you understeer, so bigger isn't always better, and depends on your f/r weight ratio.
phlip99
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by phlip99 »

Many thanks guys, 5/8th bar on order - just need to sort out the fittings.
Phil