Single post lift

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Single post lift

Post by Dave Woodward »

Anybody have any experience of single post lifts.

I don’t have room for a two post lift and don’t like the idea of the scissor lifts due to all the hydraulic lines and limited access under the car.

Automotech look like they do a good well priced lift but just thought I would gauge people experiences.

Thanks

Dave.
T289R Member

Re: Single post lift

Post by phlip99 »

I have a recollection that you need a reinforced concrete floor of greater than normal domestic depth to take the strain safely.
There's some serious leverage on the anchor point.
Sorry, no direct experience though.
Phil.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

I have a pit, but to be honest, I hardly use it for working on the 289. I find that for all routine maintenance I can access everything by using axle stands or ramps. £2,500.00 seems to be a lot to pay for something I would only use occasionally and would go a long way to pay a garage to have them do anything under the car that I couldn't manage without a lift.
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Dave Woodward
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Dave Woodward »

phlip99 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:59 pm I have a recollection that you need a reinforced concrete floor of greater than normal domestic depth to take the strain safely.
There's some serious leverage on the anchor point.
Sorry, no direct experience though.
Phil.
Thanks Phil.

The modern single post lift doesn’t require anchor points. They actually come on wheels 😉.

Dave.
T289R Member

Post by phlip99 »

Didn't realise that Dave - I guess that must work like a mobile engine hoist, with legs under the car. Last year I bought a Quick Jack. Very well made in USA. Yes, it's a bit of a faff with the hydraulics but once it's up you can disconnect all that stuff, assuming you want the car raised for any length of time. Of course it doesn't lift 6 ft or whatever!!
Phil.