Pedal box position

Technical Area for all the problems you have in the garage
Karl

Pedal box position

Post by Karl »

I have just discussed with my collegue, who is changing from RHD to LHD, the position of the pedalbox in the footwell. Has somebody positioned the box forward, so that the vertical part of the pedal box is level with the footwell vertical or completly on the engine side of the footwell? We are looking for more legroom!
Karl
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Hi Karl,
I fitted my pedal box against the inside of the footwell and only cut holes for the master cylinders to poke through. I felt that this would give it more strength if I had to push the brake pedal very hard in the event of an emergency stop etc.
I am 5 ft 10 ins tall and my inside leg is 31 ins, and I find that I am really having to stretch my legs to fully depress the accelerator and clutch pedals even though my seat is not fully back.
One concern I would have about moving the pedalbox further forward would be the amount of travel you would get on the clutch pedal without it hitting on the bulkhead. (Otherwise you are going to have to remove part of the bulkhead above the pedalbox)

Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)