289 build

Information about builds and rebuilds, post away!
John H
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Re: 289 build

Post by John H »

I'm also with Heritage and striving to get agreed value....I'm paying around £400 fully comp EU travel and events included - not racing or trials.
Built St Piran Hawk289FIA in Scotland!
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

When I first put my car on the road, most insurers would only quote for 2-3k miles a year as it was the accepted norm. In that year I attended Stoneleigh, Le Mans, Silverstone and Donnington which equated to around 5k miles without any other driving. It seems as the majority of insurance brokers are based in the South they don't realise the mileage us Jocks have to clock up to attend most events. :?
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
John H
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by John H »

clive wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:41 pm When I first put my car on the road, most insurers would only quote for 2-3k miles a year as it was the accepted norm. In that year I attended Stoneleigh, Le Mans, Silverstone and Donnington which equated to around 5k miles without any other driving. It seems as the majority of insurance brokers are based in the South they don't realise the mileage us Jocks have to clock up to attend most events. :?
I echo that! 2200 for LeMans and Silverstone! Everyone a winner though!!
Built St Piran Hawk289FIA in Scotland!
peterc
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by peterc »

Andrew,
As this is an important subject of interest to all members perhaps the last few ‘ insurance’ related posts should be hived off into a stand alone subject that will be easier to locate.
Peter C
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Hi Peter -

Yes - will see if I can split the thread somehow.

On another note - I drove the car round the block after spending what seemed like hours making a bracket for the numberplate. It was dark, so not the best for an initial ride.

Anyone got any recommendations for attaching the bonnet badge? I got one from Migge, and it has two unthreaded locator pins on the rear, so I guess these just keep it straight and it should be attached with adhesive of some sort. Obviously I would want to detatch it again when I get it painted (next year now, probably).

Andy
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

Andy, when you have badges and trim with "pegs" on the back, they normally fit into plasic grommets which push into holes in the body, and then the badges push into the grommets. In the trade people sometimes call them "mouses frenchies" 😂😂, when you see them you'll understand why 😉
Nige
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Hi Andy,
I cut the pins off and stuck them down with double sided tape, the type you use for fixing mirrors to the windscreen. It is slightly padded so you can slip a wire behind it to remove.
Cheers, Clive.

clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by clive »

Hi Andy,
I cut the pins off and stuck them down with double sided tape, the type you use for fixing mirrors to the windscreen. It is slightly padded so you can slip a wire behind it to remove.

Regards the insurance thread, if you use the search function plenty info comes up.
Cheers, Clive.

amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Does anyone have a link to a supplier for Nige's 'Mouse's Frenches'? I bought some from eBay that were for BMW badges, but they're too big. No dimensions were given by the supplier, so it was a £1.85 shot in the dark in case they were standard. Turns out they're not...
StewbieC
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by StewbieC »

drilled holes for the pegs and used double sided tape.

If you search for what Andy says you get mainly French Bulldogs :)