project insanity

Information about builds and rebuilds, post away!
Migge

Re: project insanity

Post by Migge »

That's great Nige :)

Cheers
Migge
Special customized BRA289
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

You`ll have to borrow some big nuts for the IVA...

Oh no, what have I said... :roll:
Hawk 289 FiA...AT LAST!!!
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

nikbj68 wrote:You`ll have to borrow some big nuts for the IVA...

Oh no, what have I said... :roll:

It could only come from you couldn't it :lol: :lol:

Is this something that comes with the club IVA "kit" ? Do you know who has big nuts?? Awww this is getting worse :P
cheers..Nige
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

I don't think they are, but I may be wrong. Pin-drive wheels are still quite rare, so there probably hasn't been much call for IVA friendly nuts.
Dave Brookes at DB Replicas is having some made up for his cars, so it might be worth talking to him.

Paul
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

agnoraan wrote:..I don't like the shiny [hardtop] at all, but it might look much better if it were brushed or with a satin finish (media blasted). Certainly wouldn't have the helmet hump in it :wink:
I believe it was 150 hours to make that hardtop, and the helmet hump is to clear the single roll hoop as well as the helmet. Why not cover it in vinyl, 70`s style... :wink: :wink:

agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

nikbj68 wrote:
agnoraan wrote:..I don't like the shiny [hardtop] at all, but it might look much better if it were brushed or with a satin finish (media blasted). Certainly wouldn't have the helmet hump in it :wink:
I believe it was 150 hours to make that hardtop, and the helmet hump is to clear the single roll hoop as well as the helmet. Why not cover it in vinyl, 70`s style... :wink: :wink:

Nik, you are one sick puppy, next you'll be saying that wearing flares is the way to go :P . Matt my friend that does the metalwork reckons there's around 100-120 hrs in a LeMans roof, so I guess he wasn't far out.
cheers...Nige
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

PaulB wrote:I don't think they are, but I may be wrong. Pin-drive wheels are still quite rare, so there probably hasn't been much call for IVA friendly nuts.
Dave Brookes at DB Replicas is having some made up for his cars, so it might be worth talking to him.

Paul
Thanks for that Paul, I'll give Dave a shout & see what he has to say. I've got some 8x15 Corvette steel wheels with a deep offset that may fit on there for IVA purposes, that's something else I'll look into
cheers..Nige
agnoraan

Post by agnoraan »

A few more parts just turned up from my mate. I bought an XJ6 series 111 as a donor & as he owed me a few favours, he offered to strip the car down & deliver the suspension to me. A bit of black from an aerosol & it'll be good to go :lol: :lol: :lol: It looks as if the car was parked in a swamp at some time, Just as well I was going to replace all of the service items on it :roll:

cheers ..Nige
nikbj68
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by nikbj68 »

agnoraan wrote:Nik, you are one sick puppy...Nige
How dare you, Sir... I resemble that remark!
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

nikbj68 wrote:
agnoraan wrote:Nik, you are one sick puppy...Nige
How dare you, Sir... I resemble that remark!
woofbarf.