LED tail lights

Information about builds and rebuilds, post away!
Phil Riley

LED tail lights

Post by Phil Riley »

David Large

Re: LED tail lights

Post by David Large »

I am paranoid about the back lights on my car .................so I have ordered some of these.

David
David Large
Bald surfer with a BRA 289, Porsche 968 Coupe and a Radical PR6!
amulheirn
T289R Committee
T289R Committee

Post by amulheirn »

Thanks! Miles cheaper than the Europa versions, but I wonder if this one does not have an amber indicator. I can only see three wires on there, so I assume thats for tail light and a flashing red indicator? The Europa ones have four wires in the photo.

Cheers,

Andrew
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

These are US market by the look of them, so will probably be standard configuration, i.e. no amber indicator.
Paul Blore

Post by Paul Blore »

I've been working on a cunning plan.

If a set of rear lights were available that were a direct replacement for the existing "coffin" lights that had high intensity LED tail and brake lights, but also amber indicators, without the need for any additional wiring, how many would be interested and how much would you be happy to pay?

Paul
Johannes1

Post by Johannes1 »

http://www.aamgard.de/index.htm?/Lichta ... sicLED.htm

i have these ones, incl. tail, brake amber indicator,
looks fine and work perfect
regards
Johannes
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Johannes1 wrote:http://www.aamgard.de/index.htm?/Lichta ... sicLED.htm

i have these ones, incl. tail, brake amber indicator,
looks fine and work perfect
regards
Johannes

I don't think they would work with the original DB10 relay in place, which is what Paul is suggesting. I would be very happy to pay for a set that worked as a true direct replacement, no rewiring needed, so count me in Paul please.

Roger
Johannes1

Post by Johannes1 »

Hi Roger,
in fact, the indicators works to fast, because the resistance of the LED is to low.
For the indicators it fixed a resistance ATE RB 50/7 in paralell and it works great.
For the tail and brake light there is no problem, that works without any change.

regards
Johannes
Roger King

Post by Roger King »

Johannes1 wrote:Hi Roger,
in fact, the indicators works to fast, because the resistance of the LED is to low.
For the indicators it fixed a resistance ATE RB 50/7 in paralell and it works great.
For the tail and brake light there is no problem, that works without any change.

regards
Johannes
Hi Johannes,
The DB10 relay is the large metal box in the engine compartment with 8 connections, which switches the higher-output rear filament in the taillamp housing between brake light and direction indicator. Only original cars, or very faithful replicas, will have this in place, and I have never seen an LED conversion which will work with the DB10 as it would have to distinguish between the 'solid' signal for brake light and the 'intermittent' signal for direction indicator.
Johannes1

Post by Johannes1 »

My Hawk have 3 cables, 1 x light, 1 x brakelight, 1 x indicator, therefor i don´t need a relais for separat between brake and indicator.
But the simple way, as i see it at my Hawk work simple and well. But i´m pretty sur that with the right resitor it would work with the DB10 relais also.
Regards
Johannes