Rear wheels FIA

Information about builds and rebuilds, post away!
Karl

Rear wheels FIA

Post by Karl »

I have borrowed some 427 style wheels to check for dimensions. The rear is 9,5x15 with 3,5" backspace, but they are sticking out too far. Can somebody tell me what the measurements on the FIA wheels are, either in 9,5 or 8,5 width?
The wheeels I have measure 90 mm from mounting flange to back side and 180 mm from mounting flange to front side.
Karl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clive
T289R Member
T289R Member

Re: Rear wheels FIA

Post by clive »

Hi Karl,
Check out Gerry's website. http://www.hawkcars.co.uk/parts/cobrawh ... lloys.html
Hope it helps.
Have a good New Year! :wink:
Cheers, Clive.

(If I'm not here I'm in my workshop or on the golf course!)
Karl

Post by Karl »

Hello Clive,
when I visited Gerry in November we measured only the backside of his wheels. I have senT him a mail also to measure the front side, I hope he is reading it in the new year. Anyway, also all the best in 2008 for you!
Karl
Hawk289
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Hawk289 »

Karl,

Look at the wheels on the FIA picture I posted, they are 427 wheels, not FIA. Are they Gerry's wheels? My ones came from Gerry and are Peg drive, like the original.

John
Karl

Post by Karl »

Hello John,
on your picture it looks okay, but you have MG axle and I have Jag. What are your sizes?
9,5x15 rear and 7,5x15 front? What rubber size? The wheels I borrowed are from Trigo, but they all (also Gerrys) have the same backspace, 3,5". Maybe my Jag axle from Ward is too wide? I`m waiting for Gerrys measurements on the 8,5x15 FIA wheels, but I am afraid that the outside dimension is the same, as the 8,5 has a 4,5" backspace.
If there is no other solution I need to machine 10mm off the mounting face of the rear wheels.
Regards Karl
Hawk289
T289R Member
T289R Member

Post by Hawk289 »

Karl,

I will measure in the morning

John
Migge

Post by Migge »

Hello Karl,

may you have a Jag axle from Ward that was for a 427? 10" wheels would fit with no problem but the FIA is even a bit smaller than a 427.

Wheels machining! 10mm is quit a lot.

Cheers
Migge
Special customized BRA289
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Hi Karl

Any more pctures of your car to show what stage it's at :?:

Bill
Karl

Post by Karl »

Hello Bill,
basically frame with axels and engine/gearbox installed. Now checking on headers/exhaust system. Cardanshaft to order next week and tyres.
Put the body back on a week ago to check for dimensions. Body has all openings exept for windshield related items and rollbar. Now off again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kaiserbilly1

Post by kaiserbilly1 »

Looking good Karl :mrgreen:
When do you think you will have the car finished ?

Bill